Found a tortoise on highway

catchdonovan

Location (City and/or State)
USA
Several days ago, I saved a tortoise on a highway in West Louisiana near Texas. I am not sure what species is he. Hoping to figure out that then release him to the environment accordingly.
Thanks

fromtop.jpg front.jpg IMG_0990.jpg

Av8ersperk

Houston TX
Have you found a new home for the leopard Tortoise? I’m interested in coming to get him/her if need be. I raise Sulcatas & Leopard Tortoise.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Several days ago, I saved a tortoise on a highway in West Louisiana near Texas. I am not sure what species is he. Hoping to figure out that then release him to the environment accordingly.
Thanks

View attachment 241009 View attachment 241010 View attachment 241011
Hope you are seeing these posts. Someone will want him back. Please do not release him and try to find the owners.
If after quite some time you can't find the owners and can't keep him yourself, please be careful of any new members on here that only joined to try and get a free tortoise. They usually just want to resell it.
Best is too try and find a tortoise/turtle or reptile rescue.

catchdonovan

USA
Thank you for your reminds, and everyone's information. I tried to find the owner but no luck on Facebook or Craigslist. I do need someone to take care of him. The tortoise rescue or Kamp Kenan seems like a legit place for him to go.

Av8ersperk

Houston TX
Thank you for your reminds, and everyone's information. I tried to find the owner but no luck on Facebook or Craigslist. I do need someone to take care of him. The tortoise rescue or Kamp Kenan seems like a legit place for him to go.

I live in Houston & my wife and I raise Leopard Tortoises and Burmese Star Tortoises. I would like to adopt the Leopard Tortoise from you. I could come and get it.
Thank you
Christopher

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
I would love to know what happened with this tortoise!