Found a red foot after Matthew

whisper

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SE FL
My neighbor brought me what she thought was one of my kids today. It's a cutie but not mine. So did any south Palm Beach County folks have an escapee recently?? It's an adult RF.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Looks good.
A photo of the bottom of the shell underneath and the tail would identify it as male or female.
It IS a Redfoot.
I see you are a new member, but not new to tortoises?

whisper

5 Year Member
SE FL
Yes I'll need to do some rearranging if he stays. This is how I have 2 out of my 5. Also found 2 Russians this way. They just end up here. Found Ad is on Craigslist now.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Looks good.
A photo of the bottom of the shell underneath and the tail would identify it as male or female.
It IS a Redfoot.
I see you are a new member, but not new to tortoises?
Not a new member either, older member then you:p just pulling your chain a bit, but they have been a member for quite some time.
Most likely you have another RF keeper some place close to you. I would put up flyers in your neighborhood. I would try to be sure they can positively ID it before just giving it to someone claiming it as their own. Never know who might just want a free tort.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
good looking tortoise. Looks like I'm going to have to move to Florida :)

GingerLove

5 Year Member
Man, I've been looking all over after this hurricane hoping to find a little tort in need of rescuing. :) I hope you get to keep him!

whisper

5 Year Member
SE FL
All I get in my yard is garbage when the wind blows...sounds like he's lucky to have found you!
It's funny you say that. I came home to a small styrofoam cooler blown into the yard. Can you guess the first thing that came to my mind? Yes. "Ooh I wonder if I can use that as an incubator!" I have to admit though I live in a special place. I live next to an 11 acre natural area. Box turtles, Gophers, Sulcatas, Russians, Redfoots. They've all been here at some point over the years. Of course the gophers and boxies come and go as they please.

TerrapinStation

Detroit, Michigan
View attachment 189267

This gave me a chuckle. Hopefully you'll be able to read it.

hahahahahahahaha yes that sounds about right. EVEN if you were willing to give them the tortoise, it would probably cost $100 + to ship a tortoise that size next day delivery.

Probably more to ship, as I bet they are in Algeria, where my recently deceased great uncle lived. I just have to give this man my bank account numbers so he can wire me the inheritance money, and then I am rich!