Found a baby box turtle!

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Ga
Found this little guy while cutting my backyard this morning. He got run over with the lawn mower but luckily he's ok. I haven't seen any adult box turtles nearby in many years but apparently they're still around, and breeding. Which is wonderful to see. IMG_20200703_082329279.jpgIMG_20200703_091923797.jpg

Tjsalyers

Indiana
Found this little guy while cutting my backyard this morning. He got run over with the lawn mower but luckily he's ok. I haven't seen any adult box turtles nearby in many years but apparently they're still around, and breeding. Which is wonderful to see. View attachment 299044View attachment 299045
Can i have him i have a 50 gallon tank set up I have been looking for a baby

zovick

10 Year Member!
Found this little guy while cutting my backyard this morning. He got run over with the lawn mower but luckily he's ok. I haven't seen any adult box turtles nearby in many years but apparently they're still around, and breeding. Which is wonderful to see. View attachment 299044View attachment 299045
Nice find. I have found 4 Box Turtles in my yard so far this year. Plus one Copperhead, a Red Eft, two Kingsnakes, a Black Racer, and two Black Rat Snakes. Over the past 20 years, I have found about 7 Copperheads here on my property. With all the development near me, though, I am sad to say that the numbers of all herps I find here are diminishing year by year.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Nice find. I have found 4 Box Turtles in my yard so far this year. Plus one Copperhead, a Red Eft, two Kingsnakes, a Black Racer, and two Black Rat Snakes. Over the past 20 years, I have found about 7 Copperheads here on my property. With all the development near me, though, I am sad to say that the numbers of all herps I find here are diminishing year by year.
I used to see box turtles here all the time. It's been quite a while since I've seen one. I see kingsnakes occasionally. A couple years ago I found several little Copperheads within a couple week period. I've got a little family of those little blue tailed skinks living in my porch that's been there many years. I often joke when I see them and say "I knew your great great great grandfather". Lol

Hutsie B

5 Year Member
NC
How neat. We found a little year old female baby the other day on our farm. She was heading for the road so we put her farther back in the woods near one of our fields. Haven't seen any adults lately.

Tjsalyers

Indiana
How neat. We found a little year old female baby the other day on our farm. She was heading for the road so we put her farther back in the woods near one of our fields. Haven't seen any adults lately.
I a. Looking for a male box turtles

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
I just laid out a trail of Earth worms from his yard to urs... you should see him in ur yard pretty soon :) keep an eye out

PJay

5 Year Member
Virginia
How many earthworms does it take to lay down a trail from Georgia to Indiana?