Forget-Me-Not?

Happytort27

Location (City and/or State)
CA
I received some Forget-Me-Not seeds, but it didn’t have its scientific name on the packet, so it is unclear whether or not it is a Chinese Forget-Me-Not or a regular Forget-Me-Not. I know the Cynoglossum amabile is toxic to tortoises so I’m being extra cautious. 24B1AB0C-7917-4DE7-B98B-2F8CEADF522B.jpegB4A28A6D-470F-407F-B512-23A793C07359.jpeg

Happytort27

CA
I read that the difference between a Chinese Forget-Me-Not and the Blue Bird one is that the Blue Bird ones (which are safe to eat I believe) have a yellow middle, whereas the other one does not. In the picture it displays a yellow middle, which leads me to think it’s the Blue Bird Forget-Me-Not, but I am not sure. Does this help anyone with the identification?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I don’t think i would trust the picture to be associated with the seeds inside. Id think some PR customer relations graphics person grabs a “Generic” representative pix & they use it. “Trust but Verify” & “Cavest Emptor. come to mind here.

id plant the seeds away from your torts & see what comes up. Then do your ID on the plant in hand.