Forest Bed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
I got some T-Rex Forest Bed (like Bed a brick... whatever) today... The VALUE SIZE... and i've never used anything like this before and it doesn't say how much water I am to mix it with!! Anyone know?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Kelly what I do is I start with a three pack. I place each brick into a big plastic bowl. It's just easier for me to handle. Each brick is covered with very warm water to the top of the bowl. I normally do this twice. Depending on how much is still dry I might add even more. Would guess it's normally about 6 cups or more of water. You want it all moist, but not with water dripping off of a handful.

Then mix it into the sand. I know once at this point I even added more water, because I thought it was a tad too dry. No need to dry it out. It will dry fast enough under heat sources. You do want to make sure it actually doesn't gone dry, because then it can be dusty.

You can sorta maybe guess from there with your situation? Too much water can always be wrung out.

I have also noticed with mine, that not all bricks seem equal. Not in size, in how much water they use, nor in how long it takes them to expand.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
okay i played around with it and got it figured out! i haven't mixed sand in with it yet. that value pack makes a HUGE amount!!!!! whoa! and oh. my. gawd. that stuff is so fun to dig in! ROFL! picture me and my teenage son sitting in our pj's digging in a huge bucket of that. the torts will LOVE it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.