For Sale - Female Sri Lanka Star Tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
For sale: Female Sri Lanka Star Tortoise

Price: $1,400 shipped. $1,200 for pick up locally (Arizona Phoenix Metro area).

135_zpse39qzwfk.jpg

164_zpsbywtcq7w.jpg

Age: Approximately 5 years. I am the second owner of the tortoise, but I have had her in my care for most of the 5ish years.

Length: 5" (4 15/16" is my most accurate measurement)

Physical Description: She has a split vertebral scute, but is an absolutely perfect tortoise otherwise. She came to me with some abnormal pyramiding, but her recent growth has been significantly less pyramided. At this point her shell is comparable to a typical Sri-Lanka star.

172_zpssqub1v5i.jpg

147_zpsyjoqt9k6.jpg

General Information: Produced by Larry G’s adults. I have raised this tortoise exclusively outdoors in Arizona. Her diet has primarily been “natural” consisting mostly of grass and seasonal weeds, mulberry, hibiscus, grape leaves, many varieties of opuntia with supplementary foods consisting of Mazuri, spring mix, dark leafy greens and anything else we had lying around that was edible. This tortoise has become extremely personable in the recent months. She does not hesitate to eat right out of my hand and will often follow me around the enclosure. She always has fresh drinking water available and is frequently soaked to make sure she is well hydrated. Having been raised entirely outdoors in Arizona, it is my opinion that it is in the tortoise’s best interest to remain in Arizona, so I have offered a discount for local pick up.

152_zpsvczxu2qu.jpg

General Terms: I ship via FedEx through Shipyourreptiles.com Monday through Thursday and will select the earliest delivery option. I will offer a live arrival guarantee provided the recipient is present at the time of arrival and I am notified within 30 minutes after the arrival time. If the tortoise arrives deceased I will require a photograph of the tortoise’s front, plastron, and carapace to be provided to me by 5pm (Arizona Time) of the delivery date.

Payment method accepted: Paypal only

Contact: Please email me: nbutler(at)butlerhansen(dot)com or call/text 480 – five one zero – 7813. As you might expect, the tortoise is being sold on a first come first serve basis, so calling me is probably the best way to get a hold of me. I don’t frequently check my PM’s here, so please direct any and all questions or purchase requests using the above methods.

Other Information: Pricing is non-negotiable at this time. I assume that anyone interested in purchasing this particular animal is well informed about the husbandry requirements for this species. That being said, I am always available for questions or support when it is requested.

Status
Not open for further replies.