Not open for further replies.

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Location (City and/or State)
Southeast Texas
Walter...will be 18 years old this year

DSCN0247.jpg

Tortollini.....around 58 years old....does this make her a Cougar tortoise?

DSCN0248.jpg

jesst

5 Year Member
Florida
Haha.....thanks for the pics! They are beautiful I hope zenna grows up to look like her stunning mother: -)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
How do you know Tortollini's age? How big is she?

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
Tom said:

She is 15" long. I've owned her for 18 years now. I got her from a graduate student at the University of South Dakota, who was 32 years old, who's parents had aquired her from another family member (an uncle, i believe) approximately 8 years before he was born (tort was a baby at that time, I believe)....at least that was the story he told me...of course it was almost 20 years ago that he told me, so I might not be exactly accurate when he came into ownership.

Doc

Tom, contacted "Torti's previous owner and he said that she came into her uncle's ownership in 1961 as a young tortoise (or so he thinks). That would make her at least 51. I have to wonder if she is not older though, I'm sure in 1961 tortoise care was not that great and her shell is so smooth.....hmmm? Hard to tell exactly how old she is......but a cougar, none-the-less.

exoticsdr said:
Tom said:

She is 15" long. I've owned her for 18 years now. I got her from a graduate student at the University of South Dakota, who was 32 years old, who's parents had aquired her from another family member (an uncle, i believe) approximately 8 years before he was born (tort was a baby at that time, I believe)....at least that was the story he told me...of course it was almost 20 years ago that he told me, so I might not be exactly accurate when he came into ownership.

Doc

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
The male looks huge. How big is he? Aggressive?

Status
Not open for further replies.