For Jacqui-Great Dane now 1 yr!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
For those of you who did not see Dagny's puppy pictures here is the thread...http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-37636-page-2.html

Dagny is now just a little over one year old, she weigh's 141 pounds and is still growing! She is the love of our lives! She is best friends with our Bassett Hound, helps my 2 year old son steal all of the ornaments off of our Christmas tree and whines and pouts when she doesn't get her way.
Enjoy……

28bed6b.jpg

30tgkms.jpg

ubguo.jpg

1pzc0h.jpg

My 6 year olds only complaint is that she is a terrible Cat….

282mkuf.jpg

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Oh my look how she has grown! I love the first picture, but then I love some of the other's too... like her being a full length pillow and then seeing Reagan (sp?) having to be up on steps to be her equal. Just look at that huge muzzle and droopy lips. :D

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Thank's Dmarcus & Jacqui :) It was hard not posting 100 pics!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Is that Rob with her on the leash?

She's beautiful!

May I ask your opinion on feeding such a large animal?

I feed my 7 mo., 75lb, dobie pup twice a day a little more than 16 oz's of dry food each time. She's a bit overweight, but I wanted to give her every opportunity to reach her full potential.

How much and how often do you feed your pup?

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
emysemys said:
Is that Rob with her on the leash?

She's beautiful!

May I ask your opinion on feeding such a large animal?

I feed my 7 mo., 75lb, dobie pup twice a day a little more than 16 oz's of dry food each time. She's a bit overweight, but I wanted to give her every opportunity to reach her full potential.

How much and how often do you feed your pup?

Yep, that is Rob :).

Awww, I remember you wanting a Dobie puppy!!!

Her vet told me that I can start cutting back the amount of food she gets when I notice her hip bones showing less prominence, but she is still growing. So I feed her 3 times a day 2 cups in the morning, 2 cups around 1-3 and then again between 5-7. She gets 6 cups of Canidae- all life stages. Total every day. Canidae is very controversial right now because it is made by Diamond and they have had a lot of recalls lately but I have tried every low protein high end dog food out there and she only likes Canidae and is perfectly healthy. I started feeding her more than twice because it was suggested that is may stop bloat from happening but I had her get a preventative gastro-pexi when she was spayed so she will never bloat. So when her weight stops going up I hope to cut her down to twice daily feelings and only 4 cups a day. I hope this helps, I only know what works for her.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I was wondering where you guys have been.

How is Princess Leia?

bellyboo

5 Year Member
She is awesome! Beautiful dog! I always say that some day, when our kiddos are grown up and on their own, we're going to rescue a great dane. Love them! Love your little basset too. We have a basset as well as a french bull dog and a german shepherd. :)

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Neal said:
I was wondering where you guys have been.

How is Princess Leia?

Hi Neal, Princess Leia is doing great but she is the exact same size as the day we got her. I think she is done growing but she is pretty small compared to the other Leo's we have seen on here.

bellyboo said:
She is awesome! Beautiful dog! I always say that some day, when our kiddos are grown up and on their own, we're going to rescue a great dane. Love them! Love your little basset too. We have a basset as well as a french bull dog and a german shepherd. :)

Thanks & wow that is quite a pack!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Blue Danes are the love of my life. My Great Dane's name was Fathom. I noticed that you didn't crop her ears. Is there a reason why you didn't? My dog looked just like yours. I can't believe how your leather coach isn't torn to shreds. How do you so that? Anyway, I wish I were able to see puppy pics of her. I always said that they are "gentle giants." Thanks for the memories.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Here is the thread I posted when she was a puppy..

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-37636.html

Awww, thanks :) I love Blue Danes, but Fawn's are my favorite. I met a fawn that stoled my heart and I want my next dog to bea male fawn.

Anything that is cloth in my house does not survive the dogs or kids. So we only buy leather now. I just wipe the couches down with baby wipes and they look brand new:). The wood floors are what she is tough on.

I did not crop her ears because there were no health benefits achieved from doing so.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Very smart. I has a cloth sofa, and well, it didn't last a month. And, my wood floors had to be refinished every year. I think we did the ears only because we were prepping her to be a showdog. You know, Fawns are beautiful and I think I would love all Danes. Their gentleness and awkwardness is what I absolutely love. Thanks.

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
Well, since we're sharing danes....
Out boating with my sisters' dane :).
photo3.jpg
P8160042.JPG
The dog has an obsession with anything palm...She will pick up 16 foot royal palm fronds and run around with them like dog bones.
IMG_2884.JPG
photo4.jpg
Pixie, 32 inches, 130 lbs. Jokingly called "the Danish". My sister loves her so much, she just got a male, which will probably end up in the upper 140s.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.