For Christy P

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Christy, these pics are of the girls soaking last night. They are doing great, are good eaters and I am very happy with them. They are all definitely still looking like girls with little stubby tails. Aren't they pretty??!! The one darker one is still darker in color, a little bumpy, and not quite as outgoing as the other two. Different personalities. Their names are Heddy, Dot, and Gracie2 :cool:. Haven't measured them lately, but you can see them in the plastic shoeboxes and see how much they have grown.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Well I'm not Christy, but I think they look great! Gorgeous colors and markings!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Joy, I am not Christy P, but I sure enjoyed feasting my eyes on such beauties. I also could not help but notice what looks like an awesome one off to the right.

kjr153

5 Year Member
Leopards are very pretty. Although, I saw a picture of a "wild" leopard in Africa and noticed it's shell was not pretty like the ones I've seen on TF. Does the color fade with age?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Dang, I hate that as slow as my laptop is I can go to answer a thread with no posts and before I can get my post onto the thread, somebody else has come along and said almost what I said. :rolleyes: :D

kjr153 said:
Leopards are very pretty. Although, I saw a picture of a "wild" leopard in Africa and noticed it's shell was not pretty like the ones I've seen on TF. Does the color fade with age?

I am not sure fade is the correct word to use, but yes they do change and become more speckled perhaps is what I want to said with more base color then markings with age.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
kjr153 said:

Wild ones get "weathered", they deal with a fair amount of rubbing and abrasion, and they are usually coated with many layers of built up dirt. Their colors will always be the most "vibrant" when they are young, clean and wet.

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
This is Christy P. and I ABSOLUTELY love the pictures. They are so beautiful and you are doing a fabulous job raising them:) I am so honored to watch them grow up....and so special that you named one Gracie 2...that's brings happy tears to my eyes. Thanks for sharing!

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Thanks. I am so happy you enjoyed seeing them Christy. I LOVE them. Jacqui that one off to the right is my Humphrey. He is too big to soak in shoe boxes anymore. Thanks for the compliments.