Foot fetish

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_bookish_tortoise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oakland, CA
I love letting my little Russian scurry about the apartment whenever I get a chance. I've noticed that he seems to have an odd love of feet. If I'm standing at the sink washing dishes, he'll track me down from almost any room and climb back and forth over my feet incessantly. I've had friends over sitting on my couch comfortably only to have them spring up suddenly from the feeling of little claws trying to burrow into their socks. I've even caught the little guy trying to nibble on the soles of my sneakers. What a curious little weirdo!

Do any of your tortoises have strange interests or try to eat unexpected things? Amusing anecdotes of all kinds are welcome!

Mjdeisher

5 Year Member
Paul (my 4 month old greek) has an obsession with my dog... They are never left unattended (duh!) So when i have Paul out and the dog is in the room he makes a beeline for her. My dog knows she's not allowed close to the tortoise so she will move away from him, so as the tiny, 23g, tortoise has my 40lb dog backed against the wall, my dog looks at me like "he's the one doing it mom! I'm not in trouble am i?!" It's hilarious!

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Mjdeisher said:
Paul (my 4 month old greek) has an obsession with my dog... They are never left unattended (duh!) So when i have Paul out and the dog is in the room he makes a beeline for her. My dog knows she's not allowed close to the tortoise so she will move away from him, so as the tiny, 23g, tortoise has my 40lb dog backed against the wall, my dog looks at me like "he's the one doing it mom! I'm not in trouble am i?!" It's hilarious!

FUNNY!!!

the_bookish_tortoise

5 Year Member
Oakland, CA
Mjdeisher said:

That reminds me of my pets when I was a kid. My parents had an umbrella cockatoo (about 2ft tall) and a parrotlet (4 inches at best). The parrotlet would chase the cockatoo around without mercy and the cockatoo was absolutely terrified.

Ashleigh B

5 Year Member
Yucaipa CA
I have a baby CDT with a finger fetish. It likes trying to bite, rub, feel or crawl on peoples fingers and are 11 year old sulcata has a fetish with the color green. Because there was one time were I hung my green and light blue blanket outside to dry because it can't go in the dryer, and he kept pulling it off the line, walking all over it and sleeping on it, then he'd get mad when i'd take it and hang it back up so he'd try running me over, so now when I hang it to dry, it has to go with the white, inner part, facing outwards and the green and blue side facing the inside so he wont trample it XD

Status
Not open for further replies.