Fogger hide for all tortoises?

SKOLsuper

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Essex
I have a large uvb uva visible light and infrared heat energy lamp I also have a Large Strip light 4ft long D3 and uvb small blow heat only comes on if it gets to cold it’s on I thermostat thanks

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I have a large uvb uva visible light and infrared heat energy lamp I also have a Large Strip light 4ft long D3 and uvb small blow heat only comes on if it gets to cold it’s on I thermostat thanks
Is that a MVB bulb with the heat, light and uvb in one? They used to be popular but have been found to dry and damage shells so T5 HO tubes for uvb, with flood bulbs for basking are mostly recommended now. CHEs on thermostats for additional and night heat are also used.

What heater have you got on the floor?

SKOLsuper

5 Year Member
Essex
Is that a MVB bulb with the heat, light and uvb in one? They used to be popular but have been found to dry and damage shells so T5 HO tubes for uvb, with flood bulbs for basking are mostly recommended now. CHEs on thermostats for additional and night heat are also used.

What heater have you got on the floor?
Hi these are the bulbs I have

Yossarian

5 Year Member
Wales
You can upload pictures to a image hosting site like imgur.com and link them here

you can upload images directly to this forum, just hit the attachment button. No need for hosting.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
you can upload images directly to this forum, just hit the attachment button. No need for hosting.
Plus, with hosting you eventually run the risk of losing the pictures like what happened with Tom's care sheet thread.

Cornfieldwerewolves

New Hampshire, USA
There is a fundamental difference between the gaseous state of water (water vapour) and fog (droplets of liquid water floating in air) Water vapour content in a volume of air is measured by humidity, Fog is not a measure of humidity except that it usually only occurs near 100% humidity, using a humidifier or fogger in the torts shelter means that the tort is inhaling small droplets of liquid water that can introduce excess moisture, bacteria and other contaminants into the lungs, unlike water vapour that is inhaled and exhaled normally. The fogger only increases humidity in the shelter by virtue of its direct evaporation into the air, and by settling on surfaces and then evaporating off of them, so its just as simple to add water to the substrate and avoid your tort aspirating small amounts of liquid water.

YEAH SCIENCE

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
From what I have ever noticed on this forum, a humid hide is not enough for most species if not all for preventing pyramiding.

Thundersnow

Kentucky
I have my tank covered with foil. I am home 90% of the time so I can spray. I find that spraying only gives me approx 70-75% humidity. When I use my fogger I get 95-90% humidity. Also when the fogger is on my Indian Star tort. Is way more active. When I turn off the fogger he doesn’t move around much. He loves that fogger. He eats plenty more when it’s on too.