Florimulch safe?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Are you using it outdoors or indoors?
What sized tortoises? It's ok for larger tortoises outdoors.
Outside I sift it by hand to look for foreign objects.
(I've found metal and plastic in it) And the base wood doesn't seem to be consistent.
Indoors I prefer Orchid bark. The pieces are smaller and it seems to always be pure and safe.

Are you using it outdoors or indoors?
What sized tortoises? It's ok for larger tortoises outdoors.
Outside I sift it by hand to look for foreign objects.
(I've found metal and plastic in it) And the base wood doesn't seem to be consistent.
Indoors I prefer Orchid bark. The pieces are smaller and it seems to always be pure and safe.

I am using it indoors. I just created a new big enclosure for him to stay indoors for a little longer. I usually use cypress mulch but with the recent events here I haven't been able to go get some. I have never been able to find orchid bark, where do you find yours? My local home improvement stores don't carry big bags of it and my local nursery only has cypress.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Lowe's and home Depot both should carry orchid bark in FL. It looks like this.Screenshot_20190902-104735.png

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Petsmart has the 24 Qt bag on sale for $17.99 and I was able to put a 1/2" layer over coco choir for my 65 gallon tub. Easily left half the bag to add as needed.

Petsmart has the 24 Qt bag on sale for $17.99 and I was able to put a 1/2" layer over coco choir for my 65 gallon tub. Easily left half the bag to add as needed.

Petsmart sells orchid bark?? I did not know that, I wonder if mine sells it too.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
It is zoomed reptibark and it is the best price for size I found on the area. My garden center guy can’t even find any other than the little bags from his supplier