FLEX SEAL uses for tortoise keeping

Dankneepowpow

Location (City and/or State)
Honolulu
I love flex seal! I use to deal with pond liner In past projects but the material is not very fun to work with. Flex seal on the other hand is instant gratification! Just apply with a brush or roller and you’re done! While it is slightly more expensive, I think it’s well worth the investment. I’ve used the stuff for pond projects, terrariums, aquaponics, and my tortoise table! Can’t go wrong!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I love flex seal! I use to deal with pond liner In past projects but the material is not very fun to work with. Flex seal on the other hand is instant gratification! Just apply with a brush or roller and you’re done! While it is slightly more expensive, I think it’s well worth the investment. I’ve used the stuff for pond projects, terrariums, aquaponics, and my tortoise table! Can’t go wrong!
Great.
Thanks.
I'm a long time user of fiberglass resin.
It only lasts about 16 or 18 months outdoors then must be removed and replaced.
It's even more expensive

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
It's been 3 months.
Some of the Flex seal has peeled off. It is not doing well with the toenails of swimming and crawling tortoises. But this was in areas where it was applied paper thin. I used one quart in each pond.
I've purchased another entire gallon and I'm going to put a layer of at least 1/4" on BOTH ponds.
Hopefully the thicker layer will be more durable.
The jury is still out.
I must say, I'm somewhat disappointed so far.
It has now cost double what I can get fiberglass resin for and has lasted just a fraction as long.

Attachments

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
On the plus side, the tortoise that got around a barrier and walked through, and I'm pretty sure drank some liquid Flex Seal months ago is also doing fine.
So, the toxicity threat level is actually low.