Five Years of Tortoise Forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
It was five years ago today that I started TortoiseForum. I can't believe it's been that long - I've met so many awesome people, learned a thing or two about something I initial knew nothing about, and helped others learn something too.
Thank you to all of you - you all are the heart and soul of this community. You're a motivating and inspiring force. Thank you to our INCREDIBLE VOLUNTEER moderating staff. Without these folks the very fabric of our community would come undone.
I look forward to MANY more years of this great community and website. We've grown in SO many ways. We've outgrown more than a couple servers we've survived a troll attack or two (or three or four)!
I'm eager to see what the next 5 years holds for TFO. I promise to continue to do my best to help the community grow and continue to help others. Thank you for the opportunity to help. This is an incredible community and I'm extremely proud of what we've built here.

Sincerely,

Josh

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
YAY FOR TFO!

I was just talking about this yesterday, but the thing that I REALLY love about TFO is that we have used it to not only improve the lives of tortoises around the world, but we have truly built a culture around tortoise keeping. We tortoise lovers aren't considered quite so odd any more ;) We have shown the world how rewarding and wonderful it can be to have a tortoise, and how to enhance their lives with beautiful indoor and outdoor enclosures and gardens that aren't just utilitarian, but works of art that contain living turtles and tortoises.

Here is to another fantastic five years. I am proud to call so many of you my friends!

And thank you, fearless leader, for starting all of this. It is amazing!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
My favorite part is the learning. We have so many members from so many different parts of the world. We are answering some of the questions that were really unanswerable in a practical sense without TFO. The ability to try new things, share what is learned with others, learn what happens with their animals, make tweaks and continually advance and learn more and more, is just fantastic. The ability to share our results and watch others duplicate them with the same success is unheard of anywhere else. There has never been an opportunity for learning like this anywhere in the world at any time. We have a great team here and I hope it continues forever.

Thanks Josh. Thanks to the moderator team. Thanks to all the members, new and old.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Very exciting! Congratulations Josh. I've been on TFO since it started and I've learned so much, made some great friends, and always have a place to go when things get too tough for me. Thanks to the wonderful moderator team, and like Tom said thanks to members new and old. It's been a great ride!! Hope to have many more years here.

blafiriravt

5 Year Member
Vermont
Congratulations!
And I thank you as well. I myself have gained a wealth of knowledge from everyone here. I have met some really cool people here, that I know I wouldn't have otherwise. Here's to TFO for forever more! :D

chase thorn

10 Year Member!
Colorado Springs, CO
Congrats! :) If it weren't for this forum, there would be a lot of unhealthy torts! This is the number one way of getting any and all the information on these awesome creatures!

feline8

5 Year Member
MD
Congrats! This forum has a great community and I learned a lot about all types of tortoises. :)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Congratulations!

Thank you Josh for starting TFO and thanks to the Mods for doing such a great job.

I have learned so much here and I'm sure I will continue to do so.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
HAPPY 5 TFO AND JOSH .Thank you everyone for such a great place to learn, chat, teach, console and just plain laugh. I am so happy and we are all so fortunate to have this great forum. Cheers to all the hard work Josh and all the Mods do. Cheers for everyone who takes the time to answer the threads, share your concerns, questions, answers and pictures. I'm proud to be a member of such a great caring community.
Wishing all the best and another 5+ years.
CHEERS:)

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Happy 5th! (5 is my Lucky Number!)

Thanks Josh! I have been a memeber just under a year now and I have learned more about Tortoise Husbandry than the last 6 years tending to WalkingRocks daily wants and needs.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
I am new to this site and cannot thank everyone enough for their helpful information in the care of tortoises.
I just love this.

Thank you, Josh for making it happen!

Congratuations on 5 years!!

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
Congrats!

I can't believe it's been this long! So I've been on here for about 4 1/2 then? Wow, time does fly!

aznwinx

5 Year Member
Congrats! I am new myself but I've been loving it here! Hope this continues for years to come.

ahhwataday

5 Year Member
Rockville, VA
Thank you very much and Congrats!

When I first learned about Sulcatas this site was not available. There was mostly opinions instead of facts out there and now I feel I can properly take care of a tort

Status
Not open for further replies.