Fishing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

remitort071312

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
Hey every one not sure if many of you enjoy fishing but I'm proud of these bad boys so I thought I'd share since we are all animal lovers.( and I catch and release all fish I catch) the smaller flat head is 35lbs 42" and the bigger one is 45lbs 46"

image-3836036277.png

image-3722804046.png

image-554782903.png

Attachments

• image-2571307969.png
    image-2571307969.png
    1,003.4 KB · Views: 36
  • image-1906195646.png
    image-1906195646.png
    977.7 KB · Views: 36

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
Impressive, you girls don't mess around! Is this the fishing were you stick your hand in the hole?

remitort071312

5 Year Member
Ohio
Blake m said:
Impressive, you girls don't mess around! Is this the fishing were you stick your hand in the hole?

Thanks, both pics are me on two different days and no i wouldnt dare noodle, noodling is bad for the flat heads because you get down in their nests and they will not go back to them once you remove them, so all their eggs are left to be eaten by other fish and turtles( plus you could stick your hands right in a snapping turtles mouth). I caught them both on 40lb braided test line with a 20lb leader. They put up one hell of an exciting fight. Awesome creatures to be able to view and admire up close.

TheTortoiseWhisperer

5 Year Member
Mandeville, Louisiana
remitort071312 said:
Hey every one not sure if many of you enjoy fishing but I'm proud of these bad boys so I thought I'd share since we are all animal lovers.( and I catch and release all fish I catch) the smaller flat head is 35lbs 42" and the bigger one is 45lbs 46"

View attachment 28298

View attachment 28299

View attachment 28303

My husband would have an immediate stroke if he caught that…..poor guy loves to fish but he sucks at it. :0( Please don't every say I said that!!!! lol, lol, I love my Cubanito :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Impressive. I love fishing. However, we go for perch, blue gill, pike and bass. We eat what we get. Nothing better then fresh caught fish. Just caught and ate some labor day weekend. Yum, yum:D

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
The big sunglasses threw me off. I personally prefer to catch and release. How old do you think those two were?

remitort071312

5 Year Member
Ohio
Blake m said:
The big sunglasses threw me off. I personally prefer to catch and release. How old do you think those two were?

I think they were prob pretty old but still young enough to spawn and try had some scars on their heads that was prob from spawning. I would never eat a fish that large its a waste of an animal but try we're fun to catch.

wellington said:
Impressive. I love fishing. However, we go for perch, blue gill, pike and bass. We eat what we get. Nothing better then fresh caught fish. Just caught and ate some labor day weekend. Yum, yum:D

I do keep some of what I catch just not monsters like them, and I agree fish is very good fresh. I also fish for a lot of diff fish.

TheTortoiseWhisperer said:
My husband would have an immediate stroke if he caught that…..poor guy loves to fish but he sucks at it. :0( Please don't every say I said that!!!! lol, lol, I love my Cubanito :)

Yes my whole body was sore from fighting them beasts!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I don't know, all I could do when I saw those pictures, was think of catfish nuggets.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D I was with David, thinking supper!! and dinner!! and a few more meals for us and the snappers. Wow so impressive, I am jealous. I tend to be the person who feeds all those fish, so they grow nice and big for others to catch. :D

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
Jacqui said:
:D I was with David, thinking supper!! and dinner!! and a few more meals for us and the snappers. Wow so impressive, I am jealous. I tend to be the person who feeds all those fish, so they grow nice and big for others to catch. :D
Was? what changed your mind?

remitort071312

5 Year Member
Ohio
Jacqui said:

I am only 5"1 and im tiny,so it was a real thrill pulling them in haha

ALDABRAMAN said:
WOW, Great fun! Love your boots!

Thanks :-D just bc I'm a tomboy doesn't mean I cant be Girly too

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
Boots? what boots?

Status
Not open for further replies.