First Tortoise

Rex1718

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SC
Congrats on the new tortoise. Baby Sulcata?

Action

Valley Springs, Ca.
yes...was told 5 weeks old......Had a really good time picking him up........Very good experience....

counting

5 Year Member
Canada
Cute. Your baby looks great! Welcome!

Kipley

Seattle, WA
60 years old here and just bought my first Tortoises (three Hermann's Hatchlings). Thrilled here as well. I have other reptiles, but my first tortoise. Had turtles and box turtles up until I was in my 20's, but took a hiatus. Your Sulcata is cute!

Action

Valley Springs, Ca.
Nice looking little tort but you didn’t say where you got it ? [emoji217]

I bought this Sulcata hatchling from @Markw84.....It was born 6-16-19 and I picked it up on 8-2-19. It weighted 55 g per my scale. Ok I don't know much about a tortoise but I do know class and quality and mark is all of that + some. Mark has what i would call a first class operation.....Very nice guy. I was there for about 1 hr and that is know where near enough time. He had from baby's being hatched all the way to a 200lb Sulcata and everything in between. Now for the back yard......he has pictures of it posted but they are not even close to doing it justice. His turtle pond is something to be seen for sure. I was even given a few clippings of plants for my enclosure. If you are wanting a Turtle or Tortoise I would for sure talk to Mark and see what he may have. I am hoping to get a few spotted turtles from him at a later date. Can't say enough about The experience I had. Thanks again Mark.
Jack

If this is in the wrong spot please move it. I just tried to keep it in 1 spot.