First time Tortoise owner

Elsa_the_Hermanns

Location (City and/or State)
Delaware
Hello from southern Delaware! We just received our baby eastern Hermann's a couple days ago! So far she's doing great! She's fairly active for a few hours each day and basks under her heat/UV light often! Eating like a champ, too; mostly dandelion greens, clover, and wild strawberry leaves (which all grow wild in our yard). I have even been able to find a couple plantain weeds growing! Our daughter has named her Elsa ( curse you, Disney and that darn Frozen movie!). I'm excited to have found this site and can't wait to continue learning!
IMG_20190625_141602.jpg IMG_20190625_141745.jpg IMG_20190626_135609.jpg

MPappagallo

Myrtle Beach, SC
Hello from southern Delaware! We just received our baby eastern Hermann's a couple days ago! So far she's doing great! She's fairly active for a few hours each day and basks under her heat/UV light often! Eating like a champ, too; mostly dandelion greens, clover, and wild strawberry leaves (which all grow wild in our yard). I have even been able to find a couple plantain weeds growing! Our daughter has named her Elsa ( curse you, Disney and that darn Frozen movie!). I'm excited to have found this site and can't wait to continue learning!
Welcome to the forum! Elsa is a cutie and I am sure you will all have a great time getting to know each other!

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
i'm only looking at the photo so i could be wrong, but the sphagnum moss and substrate look pretty dry. my recommendation would to be to add another inch or so of substrate and then some water in there to keep it humid so that Elsa can dig in and keep moist.

...Welcome to the forum!!!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
View attachment 275538 View attachment 275539 View attachment 275540
Welcome to you,your daughter and Elsa!
This forum is a great source of information.
Elsa is adorable

Elsa_the_Hermanns

Delaware
i'm only looking at the photo so i could be wrong, but the sphagnum moss and substrate look pretty dry. my recommendation would to be to add another inch or so of substrate and then some water in there to keep it humid so that Elsa can dig in and keep moist.

...Welcome to the forum!!!
Thanks for the info! I do spray it several times a day, and under her log I keep damp. I'll try pouring some water throughout to keep humidity up! Thanks again!