First time Red Footed Tortoise owner

Cali1123

Location (City and/or State)
Bakersfield
My hatchling just arrived this morning. I live in Bakersfield California, and to keep the humidity high I misted its enclosure ( it’s indoors) and I use cypress for its bedding. I also put orchid moss soaked in water inside one of its hideouts. I tried giving him/her food earlier but Apollo ( His/her name) wasn’t hungry. I soaked Apollo in water for about 15 minutes and it did drink water and it also popped a little. For about the last hour or so it’s just been basking in its light. I have a Ceramic Heat emitter as well as a 5.0 UVB Reptisun. Is there any tips I should know ? Or if I’m doing something wrong ?

janevicki

10 Year Member!
Near Disneyland
Welcome to the Tortoise Forum! I do not have red foots, so I do not want to comment too much about your enclosure, as your tortoise species is not the type of tortoises I know about. Someone with more knowledge about your type of tortoise than I will help you. You may want to put a post in the South American tortoises "Redfoot" forum to ask your questions. Also we have lots of info on Redfoots there at the top part of that Redfoot forum page. Take care and read and reach out! :)

Cali1123

Bakersfield
Welcome to the Tortoise Forum! I do not have red foots, so I do not want to comment too much about your enclosure, as your tortoise species is not the type of tortoises I know about. Someone with more knowledge about your type of tortoise than I will help you. You may want to put a post in the South American tortoises "Redfoot" forum to ask your questions. Also we have lots of info on Redfoots there at the top part of that Redfoot forum page. Take care and read and reach out! :)
Thank you ! I will, much appreciated :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

If you get a chance, we have two very good care sheets for you to read. You can find them pinned towards the top of the redfoot section:

Cali1123

Bakersfield
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

If you get a chance, we have two very good care sheets for you to read. You can find them pinned towards the top of the redfoot section:

Thank you very much, I will read them right now