Fireman Frees Bull Snake

AZTorts

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Why NOT to use that horrible plastic netting stuff around your plants... My neighbor used it around one of her plants and found this poor snake stuck in it...really stuck in it. She called the Phoenix Herp Society but they were going to charge her $75 to rescue the snake. Even though we only live about 2 miles away from the Herp Society. So she called Rural Metro Fire Dept who came to the rescue.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wow, kudos to the fire department. That poor thing was really stuck. Glad the neighbor didn't just want it dead.

AZTorts

Arizona
Wow, kudos to the fire department. That poor thing was really stuck. Glad the neighbor didn't just want it dead.

No, she loves snakes. She used to have one, don't remember what kind she said it was. We were afraid we might hurt it trying to free it because that netting was so tight.

littleginsu

10 Year Member!
Sierra Vista, AZ
Awesome. I had to save a baby bull snake from our bathroom!! We have to put that plastic around the fencing to trap diamond backs and Mohave greens... But I am sure if I ever came across a non-venomous snake, I would certainly do my best to free it!!

AZTorts

Arizona
Awesome. I had to save a baby bull snake from our bathroom!! We have to put that plastic around the fencing to trap diamond backs and Mohave greens... But I am sure if I ever came across a non-venomous snake, I would certainly do my best to free it!!

We get diamondbacks here too. We've had them in the woodpile, flowerbed, and on the patio. We haven't had the Mohave greens, thankfully! I don't know if it's true but I've heard they are aggressive and will chase you. Anyway, I never thought about using that netting to keep the snakes out of my garden/tortoise habitat.

littleginsu

10 Year Member!
Sierra Vista, AZ
Oh yea. One relentlessly chased down my step-dad for about 20 yards until he was able to grab a shovel and kill it. They ain't playing.