Fipped baby Leopard

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Palmdale CA
Help! I just walked into my room and found my 1 1/2 year old Leopard tortoise on its back! He was some what under his heat lamp but not fully. He didn't move for a while after I flipped him back, but now he is. What do I do to help him!!!

richybear

5 Year Member
Im sure he will be fine my 1 of my leopards flipped itself once and it didnt effect her . He probably is a bit stunned and in shock

Sent from my GT-N7100 using TortForum mobile app

tortoise007

5 Year Member
Phoenix AZ aria
I'm sure your little leo will probably be fine. Flipping over is a very common occurrence among tortoises. I would keep an eye on him, give him some warm soaks to re hydrate him and he should be fine. This is a link on how to keep your tortoise from flipping over: http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-66801.html

My baby SDTs use to flip over twice a day. They grew out of it and now they never flip over.

Puckles🐢

5 Year Member
Everyone's tortoise has flipped more than once, if you think this will happen again take a good look at your enclosure or better yet post pics of it so we can see it. Is there a large water bowl in the enclosure in the corner? Then you might want to put it in the center of the enclosure or replace it with a dish. If there is he/she may be trying to climb the wall and then push back, falling just take a look. Best of luck!

nate.mann

5 Year Member
Glendale, Arizona, USA
as others said, its okay. and be sure to soak him because when they get flipped like that its not uncommon for them to go to the bathroom and release their stored water. ive watched my Sonoran DT flip herself over a couple times..she eventually learned that the little pile of rocks isnt another tortoise and she doesnt need to 'fight' it. haha

0.1.0 Sonoran Desert Tortoise
0.0.1 Leopard Tortoise
1.0.0 Bluenose Pitbull/American Bulldog