Find good home for a Healthy 5 year old Russian Tortoise

MVH

5 Year Member
Free to a good home; a healthy, 5-year old Russian Tortoise. Her name is Shelly. Shelly has a great personality. My daughter no longer has any interest in her so I would like to find her a good home. All equipment comes free as well including a 50 gallon tank, heating apparatuses and food/water bowls. I live in Norther New Jersey. Please email me if you have an interest.
[email protected]

MVH

5 Year Member
I assume you’ll find lots of takers for her, but if not I’d happily ask her to join my creep of Russians….

Jamie
I assume you’ll find lots of takers for her, but if not I’d happily ask her to join my creep of Russians….

Jamie
Hi Jamie,
You can have her with the equipment. I’m in northern New Jersey and wasn’t planning on shipping though. If you think there’s a way to we could make it work, please let me know.

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Westmoreland, NH
Hi Jamie,
You can have her with the equipment. I’m in northern New Jersey and wasn’t planning on shipping though. If you think there’s a way to we could make it work, please let me know.
Hi MVH,

I'm about to head out of town for a week on a Trusted Housesitting writing retreat, but if you can hold onto her until 9/7 (ish), I could drive all, or most, of the way down to you to pick her up.

I have a mobile tort-home that can make sure she's warm and comfy for the drive back home, and I might take advantage of the drive to stop in and visit my sister in Brooklyn on the way back to NH.

If that sounds good, then great... if any part of that sounds undoable, then my feelings won't be hurt if you'd prefer to offer some other option or go another way.

Jamie

MVH

5 Year Member
Hi MVH,

I'm about to head out of town for a week on a Trusted Housesitting writing retreat, but if you can hold onto her until 9/7 (ish), I could drive all, or most, of the way down to you to pick her up.

I have a mobile tort-home that can make sure she's warm and comfy for the drive back home, and I might take advantage of the drive to stop in and visit my sister in Brooklyn on the way back to NH.

If that sounds good, then great... if any part of that sounds undoable, then my feelings won't be hurt if you'd prefer to offer some other option or go another way.

Jamie
Hi Jamie, That works for me. Route 80 runs across northern NJ from NYC all the way to PA. It then continues on all the way to California!! There are plenty of places to meet off of Route 80. My only concern would be to wait two weeks and then the plan falls through last minute. If you are serious. I will work with you and make it happen. I will see if I can figure out how to upload some pics/videos of Shelly tomorrow.
Mike

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
Hi Jamie, That works for me. Route 80 runs across northern NJ from NYC all the way to PA. It then continues on all the way to California!! There are plenty of places to meet off of Route 80. My only concern would be to wait two weeks and then the plan falls through last minute. If you are serious. I will work with you and make it happen. I will see if I can figure out how to upload some pics/videos of Shelly tomorrow.
Mike
I'm 100% serious. It's under 4 hours from my location to Parsippany-Troy Hills, New Jersey, along Rt80. We could meet somewhere around there, or up 287 a bit (towards Oakland), if you're feeling adventurous.

In the past, I've generally found a rest area with either a DD or a Starbucks for the exchange... we can take it to PMs for an exchange of cellphone numbers and final details.

Jamie

FormerTexan

Norwood
Free to a good home; a healthy, 5-year old Russian Tortoise. Her name is Shelly. Shelly has a great personality. My daughter no longer has any interest in her so I would like to find her a good home. All equipment comes free as well including a 50 gallon tank, heating apparatuses and food/water bowls. I live in Norther New Jersey. Please email me if you have an interest.
[email protected]
Hey, I'm Dave. My family would absolutely love to be your tortoises new home, she could join our budding creep/bail groups!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I'm so pleased Jamie is going to have her, he is a well known member here so your tort will definitely have a great forever home.

MVH

5 Year Member
Unfortunately, it didn’t work out. I’m a very novice tortoise grandfather and it turns out Shelly is a male!! If anyone is interest in a male tortoise please let me know.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
N

No worries! I'm interested either way. I have female Hermann's tortoises thus far, so a male would be ok!
No insult intended Tex, but the tort is a male Russian, not a Hermanns. Mixing different species together is a no-no, especially for breeding.

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
Unfortunately, it didn’t work out. I’m a very novice tortoise grandfather and it turns out Shelly is a male!! If anyone is interest in a male tortoise please let me know.
I hope that someone else can take Shelly… i simply don’t need another male at this time.

j

FormerTexan

Norwood
No insult intended Tex, but the tort is a male Russian, not a Hermanns. Mixing different species together is a no-no, especially for breeding.
I have no intention to breed. Only a huge backyard that's sectioned, and ready to go.. and a love for turtles. Sorry if you misunderstood, i only meant to imply i have the space, set up, and basic knowledge.

Snads

5 Year Member
I am in Arizona but I've been looking to adopt a Russian Tortoise if you are willing to ship. I already own 4 and have a huge outdoor enclosure for them. Arizona weather is perfect for them. Best of luck!

MVH

5 Year Member
I am in Arizona but I've been looking to adopt a Russian Tortoise if you are willing to ship. I already own 4 and have a huge outdoor enclosure for them. Arizona weather is perfect for them. Best of luck!
Thank you for your interest. I wasn’t planning on shipping.