finally! upgraded my Russians and Leopard tortoise enclosures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinax182

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Springfield, Massachusetts
i moved my baby leopard into a 2'-5' enclosure which i placed on top of my newly constructed 5'-4' enclosure for my 2 adult Russians.

the stacking works great except i have to stand in the Russians house to clean the leopards :p

the Russians now have a huge space to wander! they don't even know what to do with themselves lolll. they have a nice heated hide box in one corner, a dry hide with lots of hay in another, then their big water dish with some live plants in the third corner and the last corner they have their basking area with a halogen and fluorescent uvb bulb. i have a regular light also just to light the place up :p

the leopard now has a heated humid hide box with some sphagnum moss under a second floor that has his water dish. a che sits over this. then he has a dry hay hide, a log hide, his basking area with a halogen and fluorescent uvb bulb. and a ramp with a second floor where i feed him :)

they all have a mix if coco fiber, peat moss and top soil for substrate. the Russians have some hostas planted in their enclosure and the leopard has cat grass and some spider plants as well.

i haven't gotten fixtures for the fluorescents and i need to pick up another dome for the regular light bulb as well. other than that i just need to take my temps and then adjust things as need be :)

pictures in a bit, it won't let me upload them from my phone ):

stinax182 said:
i moved my baby leopard into a 2'-5' enclosure which i placed on top of my newly constructed 5'-4' enclosure for my 2 adult Russians.

the stacking works great except i have to stand in the Russians house to clean the leopards :p

the Russians now have a huge space to wander! they don't even know what to do with themselves lolll. they have a nice heated hide box in one corner, a dry hide with lots of hay in another, then their big water dish with some live plants in the third corner and the last corner they have their basking area with a halogen and fluorescent uvb bulb. i have a regular light also just to light the place up :p

the leopard now has a heated humid hide box with some sphagnum moss under a second floor that has his water dish. a che sits over this. then he has a dry hay hide, a log hide, his basking area with a halogen and fluorescent uvb bulb. and a ramp with a second floor where i feed him :)

they all have a mix if coco fiber, peat moss and top soil for substrate. the Russians have some hostas planted in their enclosure and the leopard has cat grass and some spider plants as well.

i haven't gotten fixtures for the fluorescents and i need to pick up another dome for the regular light bulb as well. other than that i just need to take my temps and then adjust things as need be :)

pictures in a bit, it won't let me upload them from my phone ):

Attachments

• exdcfvgh.png
    exdcfvgh.png
    108.2 KB · Views: 87
  • iybvu.png
    iybvu.png
    129.4 KB · Views: 48
  • jhj.png
    jhj.png
    138.5 KB · Views: 54
  • jhsv.png
    jhsv.png
    91.3 KB · Views: 36
  • jvutv.png
    jvutv.png
    172.4 KB · Views: 37
  • jvuv.png
    jvuv.png
    438.5 KB · Views: 33
  • kbdikb.png
    kbdikb.png
    197.2 KB · Views: 28
  • kjgftycv.png
    kjgftycv.png
    110 KB · Views: 27
  • wiebc.png
    wiebc.png
    102.6 KB · Views: 65

Herman Ben

5 Year Member
Look awesome. Im sure they love it your torts are awesome too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.