Finally! HET albino eggs

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Saskatchewan
The picture showing scale with your finger...omg they’re even smaller than I had guessed. They’re so precious. It’s awesome that you’re going to keep these little ones. Please continue to post updates about them. For the record, I also love the extra scutes! Congrats again. This whole thread has brought me a lot of smiles and happiness.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Have you weighed them? :)
No, they've still got little yolk sacs and I'm too nervous to handle them yet lol. I was advised once they start hatching to get them off the vermiculite and in some spahgnum moss instead. That's the only picking them up I've done so far. (Talking pictures in the process)

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
No, they've still got little yolk sacs and I'm too nervous to handle them yet lol. I was advised once they start hatching to get them off the vermiculite and in some spahgnum moss instead. That's the only picking them up I've done so far. (Talking pictures in the process)
I dont blame you!! I'd be so nervous!

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
Makes sense. I'm so happy for you!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Time for the name game!!! Can’t wait to hear which direction your going with these babies ?

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Time for the name game!!! Can’t wait to hear which direction your going with these babies ?
Well these are going to be Pet turtles so they'll have names. I haven't named any of the Hobby turtles. I kind of have an "M" and "S" theme that kind of just happened. So I'll need some suggestions of names that start with those letters and Murphy, Marge, Moe, Mookie, Speedy, Spike, Snap, Sheldon, and Spud are all already taken lol.

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
They're absolutely beautiful... That got me thinking about paintings and fine arts. Which got me thinking about poetry.

Sonnet, perhaps? (Maybe you hatched a poem.)
Meter has a meaning related to poetry, especially when you start talking about feet.

Or if you decided to go with another, different letter for your Hobby turtles...
Rhyme and Rhythm.

In my mind, Rhythm and Rhyme aren't completely unrelated to Speed(y), Spike, and Snap.

Of course, my mind is kind of a weird place! ? All disclaimers apply.

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
Well these are going to be Pet turtles so they'll have names. I haven't named any of the Hobby turtles. I kind of have an "M" and "S" theme that kind of just happened. So I'll need some suggestions of names that start with those letters and Murphy, Marge, Moe, Mookie, Speedy, Spike, Snap, Sheldon, and Spud are all already taken lol.
My suggestion for an ‘S’ name is Splash and for an ‘M‘ name, Mini/Minnie.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
They're absolutely beautiful... That got me thinking about paintings and fine arts. Which got me thinking about poetry.

Sonnet, perhaps? (Maybe you hatched a poem.)
Meter has a meaning related to poetry, especially when you start talking about feet.

Or if you decided to go with another, different letter for your Hobby turtles...
Rhyme and Rhythm.

In my mind, Rhythm and Rhyme aren't completely unrelated to Speed(y), Spike, and Snap.

Of course, my mind is kind of a weird place! ? All disclaimers apply.
They are, mother nature is a fantastic artist. I think Meter would be pretty unique.

My suggestion for an ‘S’ name is Splash and for an ‘M‘ name, Mini/Minnie.
I like Splash.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Sookie & Morgana

AgataP

Seattle, WA
I've been raising a 1.3 group of HET albino sliders from Hatchlings since 2016. Unfortunately the original male disappeared out of my pond last year. Recently though I was able to pickup another mature HET male. He's been spending time with the ladies for about two months and finally this morning one of my females nested and layed 8 eggs. View attachment 298417View attachment 298418View attachment 298420View attachment 298421Fingers crossed they're fertile. This is only my second attempt at incubating eggs so any tips would be appreciated. Right now I've got them in vermiculite and the incubator set to 88F.

CONGRATULATIONS ???

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Unfortunately, I might just be paranoid, but I'm pretty sure something went wrong with the last two eggs. I don't know what happened they completely formed like the other two but now they're becoming discolored and have white mold growing on them the past few days. Not sure what could have gone wrong.IMG_20200829_131519930.jpgIMG_20200829_131514929.jpgThe two that hatched are doing great though. They're now in their enclosure. I've decided to name them "Splish" and "Splash".IMG_20200826_182727113.jpgIMG_20200826_182732835.jpgIMG_20200829_130121949.jpgIMG_20200830_151721723.jpg

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
I’m sorry to hear about the last 2 eggs. That’s a real bummer. Hopefully someone can provide some guidance on what may have gone wrong. On the other hand, I am so glad to hear the other 2 little guys are thriving. Their new home looks awesome and their names are fittingly cute!