Finally got an account!!!

Wartortle

Location (City and/or State)
Southern California (Simi Valley)
I have been looking through TFO for a few months now, but I finally convinced myself that I should start up an account :) Everything has been super helpful from what I've read and everyone seems very friendly.
I currently have two Russian tortoises, a baby leopard tortoise, and four 3-toed box turtles. Also, my dad has a baby sulcata that he got from a family friend. My girlfriend bought our first Russian from Petsmart because the tortoise was struggling with RI and she knew that the tort wouldn't last very long in their care. With a little bit of help from the local vet, she is doing great!! (both the tortoise and my girlfriend). Our second Russian came from Tortoise Supply during the Reptile Super Show in Pomona, CA and he is our big boy. My baby leopard was also bought (saved) from the Super Show. Although he was only a few months old, he already had noticeable pyramiding, but with the help of the forum, he should have smooth sailing from now on. The box turtles came from a different family friend who discovered the four babies in their outdoor enclosure with the adults. I guess they were hatched naturally without the knowledge of the owners.
I'm proud of my tortoises and I cant wait to learn and maybe help out a little bit on the forum. Great to be here!!!! :tort::tort::tort:

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
  • Photo on 1-19-14 at 6.42 PM.jpg
    Photo on 1-19-14 at 6.42 PM.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 42

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello,and Welcome:). Nice looking torties. Tyler of tortoise supply is also a member of this forum.

Wartortle

Southern California (Simi Valley)
sissyofone said:
Hello and Welcome to TFO :) Remember We Love Pics.

I'm actually going to compile photos of my leopard each week in order to watch the progression of his/her shell patterns!! I'll post them after about a month. After a year or so, I'll make a video that fast forwards the tortoise's growth and post a link.