Finally done my new tort enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mich

5 Year Member
Hurrray Titan’s new home is FINALLY done :) I’m hoping this will last her quite awhile, something she can grow into for a few years. Ignore the food tray, I use to use a plastic tray when I didn’t have substrate in yet, now she has a slate tile to help avoid the risk of impaction and also to help wear her beak as she refuses to try her cuttlebone lol

After debating about substrates for a few weeks I decided to try the cypress mulch. My older soil/playsand/coco mix was ok but I found it would go kind of dusty. This substrate is much lighter, holds humidity very well and after pouring over websites and forums it seemed to be highly recommended so we'll see how it goes :)

IMG_8491.jpg

Mich

5 Year Member
wellington said:
Looks nice, but I don't see a large water source.

That large white dish is her water, easily large enough to fit her body a few times over but only about 1" deep .. should be big enough isn't it?

A plant, ooh GREAT idea! Any suggestions? I'm afraid to put in fake plants in case she chomps a piece off. I've put in chick-and-hens but she devistated them in just a day or two and I couldn't grow them fast enough lol

Status
Not open for further replies.