Figured I'd say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhyno47

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hagerstown, MD
Hello I'm Ryan. Ive always been very interested in reptiles, mainly turtles. Im fascinated by them. I'm a bio major still in college and hope one day to be a herpetologist.

I have 5 turtles as of now. Most likely there will be many more to come. My first turtle was Pudge a common musk turtle or stinkpot. He was the size of a nickle when i got him 5 years ago and is the size of a kiwi now. My second was Marty my russian tortoise. Third is my rescued russian tortoise Tori. Forth is Skwurt my eastern painted turtle. And fifth is Isaac my sulcata.

I'll most likely be very active on this site from here on out. Talk to you then.

spring pace

5 Year Member
topanga, california
welcome ryan, i have a sulcata and am presently house sitting for a loggerhead musk, she is so much fun to watch, shes thinks my finger is a worm thru the glass. too funny, she gets all excited when i come into the room and turn on the lights. gali the sulcata and spring big smiles

Rhyno47

5 Year Member
Hagerstown, MD
Yeah my musk wants me dead if i get near his tank. Sadly his tank is on my desk. He cant see me through my laptop but if he catches a glimpse of me too close he attacks the glass til he tires out and goes in his hide. But once i take him out of his tank hes all bark and no bite. Well... until he musks me. By the way febreeze cannot get rid of that smell, at all.

spring pace

5 Year Member
topanga, california
ryanseiler said:
Yeah my musk wants me dead if i get near his tank. Sadly his tank is on my desk. He cant see me through my laptop but if he catches a glimpse of me too close he attacks the glass til he tires out and goes in his hide. But once i take him out of his tank hes all bark and no bite. Well... until he musks me. By the way febreeze cannot get rid of that smell, at all.

i cleaned out her tank the other day to surprise the owners, she tucked her head all the way in and opened her mouth so wide when i took her out, then shot her head out and wanted a piece of me. shes usually pretty docile out of the tank, but not this time. i really like her and secretly hope the owners will give her to me, shed get a huge tank w/ beachfront property and a basking spot. right now all shes got is a rock to sit on and thats new because i added it while im house sitting for her and she doesnt have a basking light either. she does let me brush the furry stuff from her shell tho. i had no idea they were such pretty shelled turts til i cleaned her up. love the markings on her head and legs too.

Status
Not open for further replies.