ferti-lome Orchid Bark

Nes999

Location (City and/or State)
Central IL
Does anyone have experience with this brand? This was the only brand I could find locally without pearlite. However its not labeled with the size.

For reference its 5 dollars for 2.7 pounds (4 dry qt)

0715201401.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Does anyone have experience with this brand? This was the only brand I could find locally without pearlite. However its not labeled with the size.

For reference its 5 dollars for 2.7 pounds (4 dry qt)
You can get the Repti-Bark from a pet store cheaper than that, and the pet store stuff is good and clean. The 24 quart bag of Reptile-Bark is $18.09 at Petco or PetSmart.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
The Ferti-Lome Orchid bark “mix” has a lot of other things in there..more than just the chunks of fir bark.

➡️. Ferti-Lome Orchid Mix is a blend of sphagnum peat chunks, red fir bark, hardwood charcoal, and volcanic lava rock combined to create an environment that will prevent the roots from being kept too wet while providing humidity.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's not orchid bark, it's orchid planting mix. Not what you want

Nes999

Central IL
That makes a lot of sense now, Ill have to return it and go with Reptibark. Sadly, That was the all we had at our local nurseries.

wanderlust

Northern Utah
I went looking for it and this is all I've been able to find at local nurseries, too. :( I grabbed 2 today and was coming to ask about it. Same bag was $10 here.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
That makes a lot of sense now, Ill have to return it and go with Reptibark. Sadly, That was the all we had at our local nurseries.
I use cypress mulch at about 3” deep and cover with Reptibark. Cheapest and cleanest way to go