Female Russian Tortoise, needs TLC, Seattle area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
So, I thought I had a home lined up for this gal, but the prospective adopter disappeared off the face of the earth when it came time to schedule a meet up. Typical! So, at last, I bring her forth to the TFO community.

I adopted this gal 6 months ago, with the male counterpart she'd been housed with, as a rescue. Despite their crappy living conditions (i.e. no light, heated by a human heating pad), the male was in surprisingly good shape, and I adopted him out fairly quickly. I held on to the female, who wasn't in all that great shape, and started working to get her into better shape, with hopes of adding her to my would-be breeding group down the road.

As anyone who's seen my ad for the other two females already knows, the breeding endeavor was not meant to be. I've since adopted out my male, and have a home lined up for the two little ladies, so now it's time for the big gal to find a home.

She's improved by leaps and bounds from the dejected, tired little lady who wouldn't even lift her head during a soak when I got her--she's now decently active, thermoregulating very well, fantastic appetite, LOVES a good soak (forced or just plopped in the water dish), and feels nice and heavy...

But she still seems as though she's not quite 100% yet. Seems as though she just needs a bit more work and dedication to get her there. And a good forced soak schedule, as she recently had an issue with hard urates causing constipation (since resolved; her urates are now back to normal/creamy). Apparently she doesn't seek the water dish out on her own, as much as she enjoys soaking in it!

She's around 6.5-7" SCL and 858 grams. Big, wide girl.

I'll work on getting updated pictures tomorrow, but, for now, here's one from back in April.
94726_213228_VeryLarge_NWNZDKQrxBf.jpg

I've become extremely wary of "free" things of late, so I'm asking a very small adoption fee of $10 to TFO members. Would appreciate if interested parties gave me a run-down of their husbandry upon inquiry to help along the process.

I'm located in Tacoma, WA (south of Seattle), and I'm willing to meet within a reasonable distance, if you are willing to compensate for my gas. I will be attending the Portland Metro Reptile Expo in Portland, OR, next weekend (August 18th), and am willing to meet up that morning at/near the venue in Wilsonville.

Any interested parties are welcome to PM or email me (via the "email user" button on my profile) if interested. PM is preferred; I've been having an issue with emails winding up in my spam folder.

I am NOT willing to ship at this time, so please don't ask!

Thank you for reading!

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
LOL. Thanks! Might have a home lined up with the fella who's going to adopt the other two girls, just waiting to hear back... Fingers crossed!

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
The big girl is gone! She's at her new home now, and I'm told she's settling in well. Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.