Female Pancake prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtneyG

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Auburn, Alabama
In the near future I will be looking to buy a adult female pancake to breed with my adult male. Curious to know the prices female sell for, and how the market is for pancake hatchlings.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Depends on whether or not they are captive bred or wild caught. Right now wild caught specimens are around 200-250 each male or female.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Your going to lucky to find an adult that is captive bred. They are around though. Probably in the range of 5-700.

CourtneyG

5 Year Member
Auburn, Alabama
Damn that is expensive, I guess I will have to buy a caught female then. So what are the prices then on hatchlings?

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Trade show prices for males as low as 125, females 175, internet order - seems 200 is best you can do when you buy pairs for 400. Single females tend to be higher. Wild caught or captive bred when they come LTC (long term captive) add more to the price, much like tortadise indicated.

It is a hot rumor right now that USFWS will shut down imports, as many coming in are so obviously not 'farmed' but wholly wild caught. But as that may be wisdom based on past actions by USFWS, I have heard, nor seen an actual memo issued from USFWS saying that imported pancakes "are" restricted.

Don't delay, if they get restricted the first impulse of vendors is to jack the price up, even if they have dozens left for sale.

Trade shows will most certainly be a best way to buy, you get to see first, and then you might always bargain for a better price. Only step better than a trade show is knowing the breeder.

Will

CourtneyG

5 Year Member
Auburn, Alabama
The problem is I live no wear near trade shows. If anyone has a female they are willing to sell for a low price I will buy her, looking for a female that is about 6 or more inches. My male is almost fully grown.

Status
Not open for further replies.