Female Chaco zooming for some food haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
I was feeding my torts and I thought I would share when my female Chaco decided food was in her best interest at the moment. The male doesn't seem to care. Chili is the male and hormel is the female.

View attachment 20700

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Wow, thats amazing you have a chaco pair?
Do you breed them as well?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Yeah. I picked the pair up about 6 years ago when I was in a tortoise buying frenzy. I had no idea at the time how rare they are. I haven't successfully hatched any eggs yet. But being here on the forum I got some good info to try this season and hopefully hatch some eggs this year. Its sad seeing good fertile eggs not hatch year after year. I actually still have a clutch of eggs from last year hoping they will hatch.

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
tortadise said:
Yeah. I picked the pair up about 6 years ago when I was in a tortoise buying frenzy. I had no idea at the time how rare they are. I haven't successfully hatched any eggs yet. But being here on the forum I got some good info to try this season and hopefully hatch some eggs this year. Its sad seeing good fertile eggs not hatch year after year. I actually still have a clutch of eggs from last year hoping they will hatch.

That's awesome, yes this website is very helpful. I Hope your clutch comes out great and fertile:tort::tort::tort:..

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Me too. I had a 1.2 but lost a female few years back. She was ancient. The male in the photo in the back under the hide is pretty old too. I've been avidly looking for more I just have had no success finding very many or being the first to claim the buy.

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Yea i know rare or endangered torts always go fast once they are listed.

Halcyon

10 Year Member!
Chicago, IL
I love pictures of Chacos! Tortadise, would you post more when you get a chance? :D

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
maybe the guy who just posted here about a friends tortoise... would be willing to work something out with you..... i think they are in texas....

Status
Not open for further replies.