feels like summer

mark1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ohio
the temperature swings these guys endure here is kind of remarkable ,their body temp and the air temp i doubt are ever the same ......being outside with access to the sun , the ground ,plants and a pond , they are experts at finding heat ..... we had i think the sunniest march on record , not exceptionally warm , but exceptionally sunny ...... 80's first week of april , then 30's through most of the rest of april , last couple days of april in the 80's , may 1 was 33 , may 2nd was 80 ,may 6 was 36 , may 13 was 35 , we been 80-90 since may 18 ....... they're calling for 40's this friday ....... somehow they figure it out

DSCF7265-2.jpg

DSCF7259-2.jpg

DSCF7257-2.jpg

DSCF7241_(2).jpg

DSCF7250_(2).jpg

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
spring time is normally unsettled here , this year with the extreme early warmth and sun was more so .......... they were all out on their own earlier than i can remember them ever being , early april , which made it worse .....it was warm enough , with sun , long enough to get them to eat , then gray and cold ,30-50 , for a couple weeks at a time .... i'd imagine the temp swings are more concerning to those keeping tropical species outside .......

DSCF7229-2.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Looovvvveee the pics!
Your weather, similar to what we have been having, crazy ups and downs, stinks!