Feeding baby sulcata everyday

Status
Not open for further replies.

cindymachida

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
below Sacramento
I've read not to feed sulcatas everyday. I feed my 6 month old everyday. Does anyone know is this overfeeding?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Cindy:

In my opinion, babies should be fed every day. Once in a great while I will skip a day merely because I've run out of food and haven't made it to the store. I don't think there's any harm in putting food in front of them every day.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I feed mine everyday and I have skipped a day here and there because of a crazy schedule but they have access to graze so its not a big deal.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Mine have access to grazing but they love an additional meal from me each day (sometimes two times :p )...I do however skip a day or two to make sure that they graze, as it provides not only a bit of balance in their diet but also creates walking for exercise and also causes use of their head/jaw in a different way than just feeding, the grazing gives good cause to muscle growth on their head ...which is important, in my opinion. :D

cindymachida

5 Year Member
below Sacramento
Thank you everyone! I feel much better..: ))
I tried hay but baby doesn't like ..so a variety of greens for now. Don't want her to have that pyramiding

Status
Not open for further replies.