Feed weeds during winter too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtc

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Norway
During the cold months when there are no fresh weeds available (October to march here in Norway) I have been feeding spring mixes and recently also cactus pads and komodo fruit and flower pellets that I order online.

The other day I was walking through a local pet store and happened to look at a shelf with rabbit food. I found this:

http://www.jr-farm.de/JR-FARM-Ribwort.html

Its dry plaintain, mallow and cornflower weeds. I've put some in the enclosure and my greek already ate some. They also have dry milk thistle, dandelion and more.

So, next time you go to a pet store check out the rabbit food area before you head off to the reptile area. :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
You can also during the summer pick your own weeds, lay them out to dry, and then bag them for storage to use as food during the winter. I do this, but the majority of what I dry are mulberry and grape leaves. :rolleyes: :D

gtc

5 Year Member
Norway
Jacqui said:
You can also during the summer pick your own weeds, lay them out to dry, and then bag them for storage to use as food during the winter. I do this, but the majority of what I dry are mulberry and grape leaves. :rolleyes: :D

Cool, wish we had mulberry and grape leaves up here. I might try that with the weeds in my yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.