Favorite meal?

solidsounds17

Location (City and/or State)
Inglewood, Ca
As the title states, what’s your favorite meal to serve up in the morning. Curious to see the combinations you folks come up with so maybe I can steal some ideas!

Here’s mine: combination of guava and banana leaves, dandelion, a pinch of cilantro, hibiscus, and some lugarti tortoise food all mixed with some herbal hay.
Meal for baby leopard.

Attachments

• 53363427-ED35-473D-A36F-501169A41431.jpeg
    53363427-ED35-473D-A36F-501169A41431.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:

MichaelL

5 Year Member
Ocala, Fl
It's always fun to make a weed salad with flowers on top. The weeds: narrowleaf plantain, clover leaves, dandelion leaves, hibiscus leaves, mulberry leaves, virginia pepperweed leaves, florida pusley, sowthistle, and rose leaves. I use all those when I want to make it extra fancy. I tear them all up into small bits and it makes a nice big pile that they can't choose favorites. The flowers: hibiscus, rose, dandelion, false dandelion, clover. I tear them up even smaller and sprinkle them over. I can't put too many flowers though because if there are too much, they will get full on just flowers.

One of my favorite things to do in the morning is get a bucket and walk around the property gathering weeds.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Depends on what kind of tortoise. Our Sully just loves a massive amount of dandelion greens & blooms topped with cactus pads & rose of sharon blooms.

solidsounds17

Inglewood, Ca
It's always fun to make a weed salad with flowers on top. The weeds: narrowleaf plantain, clover leaves, dandelion leaves, hibiscus leaves, mulberry leaves, virginia pepperweed leaves, florida pusley, sowthistle, and rose leaves. I use all those when I want to make it extra fancy. I tear them all up into small bits and it makes a nice big pile that they can't choose favorites. The flowers: hibiscus, rose, dandelion, false dandelion, clover. I tear them up even smaller and sprinkle them over. I can't put too many flowers though because if there are too much, they will get full on just flowers.

One of my favorite things to do in the morning is get a bucket and walk around the property gathering weeds.
You’ve got quite the knowledge! I’m still trying to learn my weeds and flowers as I’m pretty new to the whole feeding game. I know I have plenty of weeds around my complex but I’m still unable to differentiate the good from the bad. Any website recommendations aside from tortoise table?

MichaelL

5 Year Member
Ocala, Fl
You’ve got quite the knowledge! I’m still trying to learn my weeds and flowers as I’m pretty new to the whole feeding game. I know I have plenty of weeds around my complex but I’m still unable to differentiate the good from the bad. Any website recommendations aside from tortoise table?
Don't worry, it takes time gathering all the info about weeds. :) Tortoisetable is okay, but also does not have a lot of weeds in my area. So what I usually do is just search "Florida weeds" and there are websites with countless numbers of them and their names. I just scroll through, always finding weeds I see on my property and then searching if they're edible for tortoises just through google. If that doesn't work, I post a pic on here and people seem to always know what weed it is.

For you, search "California weeds" and then scroll through the pics on the websites and see which ones you recognize.