Favorite amphibian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinque

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
I just read toms thread about not having a favorite snake thread since there are so many tortoise ones and it inspired me to start an amphibian one! Now I am really curious on your opinions, so reply as much as you want! :) personally, I like axolotls because they come in such cool colors and are so rare. But I have a love for California slender belly salamanders and arboreal salamanders because I've been catching them since I was really little (like around 4 or 5)!

ScottishFish

5 Year Member
Scotland
Salamanders win hands down in my opinion, however I do have a soft spot for Newts, I used to own a paddle tailed newt called Issac ....

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I can't say if I have one favorite. I love frogs, toads, newts, salamanders, used to catch and release them all and owned them all. If I had to pick one it probably be frog.

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
I am fond of our native barking treefrogs. In captivity, I like pacmans and pyxies; they make good garbage disposals in a collection of snakes.

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
I like the common toads (Bufo bufo) over here. They so cute and squishy lookinh ^.^
Also i find Great crested newts intresting but they are protected here! :)

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Bullfrogs, Green tree frogs , American toads. Around here they are the sounds of a summer night.

poison

5 Year Member
I've kept several different species of frogs but my fav is the whites tree frog. To damn cute!

Status
Not open for further replies.