Family vacations

Shorty

Location (City and/or State)
San Miguel CA
My husband and I are beginning to plan our first vacation since adopting Petie. We usually board our cats at the vet but are baffled as to what to do with Petie. We do not leave for longer than 3-4 days.

What are y'all plans for your torts when you take a vacation?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
My husband and I are beginning to plan our first vacation since adopting Petie. We usually board our cats at the vet but are baffled as to what to do with Petie. We do not leave for longer than 3-4 days.

What are y'all plans for your torts when you take a vacation?
My neighbor stops over once a day to check up on and feed the animals.
If you can be SURE that your heating and lighting are fool proof. And you don't have a tortoise that flips over. Simply going without food for 3 or even 4 days would be ok. But I would provide water and some sort of food like mushrooms.

Byron Todd

We have a hose hooked up to a water timer to fill up the water bowl daily. The heaters are hooked up to a thermometer that keeps constant temperatures and we have a thermometer that alerts our phones if temps drop below a certain limit (e.g. if a fuse blows). Also, we usually fill up a bowl with mazuri before going.

We have left for a few weeks like this before, but I would still recommend having someone to check on them.