Family "ghost" stories?

TaylorTortoise

Location (City and/or State)
Abington
one time... I was leaving my cousins house. I instantly looked in my aunts office by the double doors as if I was supposed to... I then saw and heard a cats tail wack against the glass as my uncle walked me out to the door around 10:00 pm. I heard it and saw it with my own eyes... MY aunt and uncle do NOT have a cat. They have a dog. I know what I saw...... I at the time, was into believing the universe, and healing crystals as a natural healing remedy, I am catholic. However, I was experimenting my spirituality.
I believe in Ghosts, have seen black long shadows from the corner of my eye, the same shadows my mom describes.

Another story I have:
I used to always feel something staring or in the same presence as me. I used to wake up every single nigh around 3:15 am. I one time, Heard a little girls voice race across my bed room. I instantly got up and ran to my parents room. I was frightened. A few years later.... My friend introduced me to a pendulum. something I used to experiment my spirituality. (Not knowing the actual use) I invited what I believe a ghost,spirit into my house... others who'm Ive shared the story with claimed it belonged to someone. I gave this pendulum to my aunt who then gave it to her boyfriend... He woke up one morning an saw a little girl standing at his bed room door. He threw the pendulum out his window.

I wonder if the same girl I heard in my sleep at 3:15pm was related to the pendulum?

Weird.... creepy.... stuff REAL EVENTS

TaylorTortoise

Abington
Sometimes I feel like certain people are gifted and have a 6th sense.
I also believe, if you seek the "other realm" or "welcome it" so to say, ghosts will be more welcomed into your world, eyes. So I began to learn more about god, jesus, satan and I now read every single night to keep my faith strong and god by my side to protect me.

JenC

Horseshoe Bay TX
I was on vacation in Hawaii (Oahu).
We were leaving next day and needed to get an odd shaped box for a mirror we bought we were taking home.
Went to Public Storage off the freeway.
Next to building was what was left of an old Cemetary. It was abandoned and was overgrown. Had a chain link fence around the portion still there.
it bothered me so much I had to go look through fence. It was a Japanese Cemetary from ?
It was in an industrial area with homes above. Completely abandoned with new building all around except for fenced area.
It bothered me to the point I asked the girl at the front desk why it was abandoned.
She thought we were locals and knew the history.
The land where Public Storage sat and all the homes on the hill were built on top of the old Cemetary. The fenced off area was what was left of the Cemetary. In the 70’s there was a drive in built there and people would see a faceless Japanese woman in the bathroom late at night. True.
I had no clue.
Just getting an odd shaped box

TaylorTortoise

Abington
I was on vacation in Hawaii (Oahu).
We were leaving next day and needed to get an odd shaped box for a mirror we bought we were taking home.
Went to Public Storage off the freeway.
Next to building was what was left of an old Cemetary. It was abandoned and was overgrown. Had a chain link fence around the portion still there.
it bothered me so much I had to go look through fence. It was a Japanese Cemetary from ?
It was in an industrial area with homes above. Completely abandoned with new building all around except for fenced area.
It bothered me to the point I asked the girl at the front desk why it was abandoned.
She thought we were locals and knew the history.
The land where Public Storage sat and all the homes on the hill were built on top of the old Cemetary. The fenced off area was what was left of the Cemetary. In the 70’s there was a drive in built there and people would see a faceless Japanese woman in the bathroom late at night. True.
I had no clue.
Just getting an odd shaped box
What type of drive in was it like where houses were? Was it haunted where people would see a faceless Japanese woman?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Sometimes I feel like certain people are gifted and have a 6th sense.
I also believe, if you seek the "other realm" or "welcome it" so to say, ghosts will be more welcomed into your world, eyes. So I began to learn more about god, jesus, satan and I now read every single night to keep my faith strong and god by my side to protect me.
Me too.

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
girl i knew bought this house in which the previous owner had killed himself ..... she always told me she heard noises like mumbling and scratching , i never thought much of it , i heard stuff too , but it was a big old house with lots of trees around ....... i was doing some work there while her and the kids were away .... was winter where it's dark here at 5pm ..... went over there after work , house was completely dark , turned on the lights in the foyer , there were staircases on both sides of the foyer going up to a balcony/hallway parallel to the entrance , going left and right , i needed to go down the hallway to the right , long hallway and it was noticeably pitch black dark , i turned on the lights in the hallway , at the end of the hallway was the master bedroom on the left , double doors were open ......... to the right another hallway , at the end of that hallway was the room i was working in , that hallway was completely dark also , i turned on the lights and went to the room i was working in ..... when i was done i went to go down the hallway and all the lights in the master bedroom were on including the lamps and the master bathroom lights , checked the doors to the bedroom balcony , they were locked ,checked the front door on my way out , it was locked , i didn't check the rest of the house , figured if someone was in there they could let themselves out ...... might not be a " i seen a ghost " story , but it sure was a memorable experience , was easily 20yrs ago , probably the only time i ever thought ghost ...........house always kinda freaked me out a bit after that ........ if you were to picture a haunted house , this one definitely looked the part ......

autumn_0201

Kuantan
Does anyone else have family "ghost" stories? Maybe not actual ghosts, but real events that are too strange for you to understand?
While I myself have had some unexplained (to me) incidents from about the age of 5 until about 17, what I'll share with you now is something that happened 40 years ago to my great aunts. The two nutty, never married sisters of my grandmother. They were both very odd. But this story made the local news as well as the newspaper:

One day when my aunts arrived home from shopping they met a young boy who was shoveling snow from their driveway. He asked to be paid. Then said that the lady upstairs in the house asked him to clear the driveway and that she would pay him when he was finished. This alarmed my aunts because they lived alone and when the looked up on the second floor they could see an open window. A window that never had been opened by anyone because the wooden frame had been stuck for decades and painted over many times. It was a very old house.
They had a neighbor call the police.
They entered after the police found no one in the house and saw no damage or vandalism. All doors were still locked.
My aunts then entered the house and saw that nothing was stolen or damaged, but everything. Every piece of furniture, items on dressers, every article in the house had been moved the the exact other side. Like a mirror image. Including undisturbed bedding on backward facing beds as well as a very heavy "China cabinet" that had previously taken two large men to place in the living room, moved across the room with no marks on the floor, The dust still intact around where it had sat before still in the shape of the cabinet. The items in the cabinet had all swapped positions as well.

After this, the family never discounted their stories. And other family members had their own stories in the years that followed.

This would have made for a better Halloween thread. Sorry.

This isn't about my family but about my classmate from last year.
She acted weirdly for about 3 days and it was soooo scary for me as I couldn't sleep during this period of time.
The first time, I was doing homework when she suddenly threw books to the ground. By that time I was more annoyed than scared because it seemed like she was throwing a tantrum. But then, she stared at the people and I was one of them. Her eyes looked quite mad and she looked absolutely livid. Then she just collapsed into the ground and cried.
The second day, she was doing fine until she took off her glasses. Then, she had the same eyes and face again suddenly and started kicking the table. She threw her calculator into the ground and continued kicking harder until the person in front of her looked at her with an annoyed face and told her to stop. Then, she just stood up and went to the person and tried to choke her. Everyone went to stop it and then she collapsed again. Then she suddenly got up really quickly, gave a bone chilling laugh and collapsed again. Then, she cried and collapsed again. This was more creepy to me than to the others since I literally sat RIGHT NEXT to her. I was terrified af. Thankfully, I didn't get hurt or anything.
The third day, we were in the science lab. Her friend went to the teacher's office at the moment. She just suddenly ran to the back of the lab and pointed to the wall and screamed for her friend. Someone tried to tell her she wasn't there but she didn't stop. Then she just pushed the person trying to stop her to the ground and ran out, giving that bone chilling laugh again. We were all petrified and some students even cried.
That was not all, but these 3 were in my mind the most. I feel bad for the girl as people swirled rumours about her, but it was definitely frightened me for life. In a more logical way, she could have had schizophrenia but no one was really sure about that. Now she is doing ok and I still hope she has a good life in the future, but damn that was scary and unusual for sure.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
She acted weirdly for about 3 days and it was soooo scary for me as I couldn't sleep during this period of time.
The first time, I was doing homework when she suddenly threw books to the ground. By that time I was more annoyed than scared because it seemed like she was throwing a tantrum. But then, she stared at the people and I was one of them. Her eyes looked quite mad and she looked absolutely livid. Then she just collapsed into the ground and cried.
The second day, she was doing fine until she took off her glasses. Then, she had the same eyes and face again suddenly and started kicking the table. She threw her calculator into the ground and continued kicking harder until the person in front of her looked at her with an annoyed face and told her to stop. Then, she just stood up and went to the person and tried to choke her. Everyone went to stop it and then she collapsed again. Then she suddenly got up really quickly, gave a bone chilling laugh and collapsed again. Then, she cried and collapsed again. This was more creepy to me than to the others since I literally sat RIGHT NEXT to her. I was terrified af. Thankfully, I didn't get hurt or anything.
The third day, we were in the science lab. Her friend went to the teacher's office at the moment. She just suddenly ran to the back of the lab and pointed to the wall and screamed for her friend. Someone tried to tell her she wasn't there but she didn't stop. Then she just pushed the person trying to stop her to the ground and ran out, giving that bone chilling laugh again. We were all petrified and some students even cried.
That was not all, but these 3 were in my mind the most. I feel bad for the girl as people swirled rumours about her, but it was definitely frightened me for life. In a more logical way, she could have had schizophrenia but no one was really sure about that. Now she is doing ok and I still hope she has a good life in the future, but damn that was scary and unusual for sure.
Yes.
Most unusual.
Thank you.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
New thread if we get bored with ghost stories--TRULY weird things that happened while we were in school when they were still teaching the 3 R's.

I do believe in good & evil.
Plenty of weird things happened in MY grade school.
I went to a private, Catholic one.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Have you seen her again?

RumRunner

South Florida
Have you seen her again?
I live in a home that was built in the 70's and don't have any knowledge about the history of the house. About 20 years ago my family was getting ready to sit down for dinner like any other night. My 8 year old daughter wanted to get something from her bedroom before she sat down to eat. She came back to the kitchen with her hands covering her mouth and clearly rattled. We asked her what's the matter? She said that she went to her room and there was a girl sitting on her bed. I immediately went to her room and I didn't see anything. Very weird as she is a very intelligent girl. So my wife and I start asking her questions about what she saw. She was still trying to articulate what she saw and our 6 year old son walks in. So as he starts hearing our questions and our daughter's description and casually remarks "Oh I've seen that girl, she was sitting Leah's bedroom.
What???
Now I am trying to process this as best as I can and then recall when my wife was constantly getting up when they were toddlers because she would always hear a child's footsteps in our hallway. The kids rooms were across the hall. She would be expecting it to be one of our kids out of bed but when she checked, everyone was asleep. So everyone in my home experienced the little girl except me but I always felt a presence in the hall. No evil, just a presence.
So we decided that night that our daughter saw the ghost that the best thing we could do is invite the little girls spirit to be part of our family. We announced to her that if she needs a family we will be happy to have you join us but please don't try to scare us.
It worked out just fine. Nobody ever saw her again. I still live there and think about her when I'm in the hall

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I live in a home that was built in the 70's and don't have any knowledge about the history of the house. About 20 years ago my family was getting ready to sit down for dinner like any other night. My 8 year old daughter wanted to get something from her bedroom before she sat down to eat. She came back to the kitchen with her hands covering her mouth and clearly rattled. We asked her what's the matter? She said that she went to her room and there was a girl sitting on her bed. I immediately went to her room and I didn't see anything. Very weird as she is a very intelligent girl. So my wife and I start asking her questions about what she saw. She was still trying to articulate what she saw and our 6 year old son walks in. So as he starts hearing our questions and our daughter's description and casually remarks "Oh I've seen that girl, she was sitting Leah's bedroom.
What???
Now I am trying to process this as best as I can and then recall when my wife was constantly getting up when they were toddlers because she would always hear a child's footsteps in our hallway. The kids rooms were across the hall. She would be expecting it to be one of our kids out of bed but when she checked, everyone was asleep. So everyone in my home experienced the little girl except me but I always felt a presence in the hall. No evil, just a presence.
So we decided that night that our daughter saw the ghost that the best thing we could do is invite the little girls spirit to be part of our family. We announced to her that if she needs a family we will be happy to have you join us but please don't try to scare us.
It worked out just fine. Nobody ever saw her again. I still live there and think about her when I'm in the hall
Wow
That's a good one.
Thanks.

Aloysius Taschse

Mainly Texas
This didn't happen to me or my family, but a family friend experienced it and still has nightmares today. I've never really had a chance to give this story before, but I found this thread and it was 9/11, on Saturday, so I figured it might be appropriate.

So here's some quick background information: My dad's friend was a teacher at a school in New York and has a son who has some developmental issues. Despite this, his son is one of the most optimistic, nice, and happy people I've ever met and his father and mother are very proud and accepting of him. Anyways, my father's friend was a teacher during the September 11 attacks in 2001 and was teaching class when it happened. The story starts a day before this however, and it has puzzled his parents for many years.

So the story begins when my father's friend arrives home from work and meets his son, who is having a temper tantrum. he is about 7-8 at the time but acted like a 1-2 year old, due to the developmental issues. He is generally very kind and calm but today he was screaming and kicking and crying constantly. His father asks what's wrong and he can only make out a few words. "Towers" "Fall" "Airplane" "Bad men" "Tomorrow". His parents are intrigued and ask more. He is able to say: "Trade" "Towers" "Tall" "Fall" and repeats "Bad men" constantly all night. His parents are disturbed, as they kind of get his message, but go to sleep. The next day while teaching his students about the Proclamation of 1763 they hear a round rumble of a plane and look out the window. They see the plane crash into the tower and watch, horrified as it bursts into flames. I don't know exactly where the school was, but they can see the tower smoking and burning. He and his students are shocked and terrified, as a few of his pupils have parents working at the center. School ends for the day as the kids parents come running in for their children and he goes home, still shocked. His son looks at him when he comes in, saying "told you".

This has been one of several occurrences, his son once saving his mothers life when they almost got hit by a drunk driver. Randomly his son will look up and when his parents ask what he sees he says "angels". His father is one of the most trustworthy people I know, and I wonder about it every few days.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
This didn't happen to me or my family, but a family friend experienced it and still has nightmares today. I've never really had a chance to give this story before, but I found this thread and it was 9/11, on Saturday, so I figured it might be appropriate.

So here's some quick background information: My dad's friend was a teacher at a school in New York and has a son who has some developmental issues. Despite this, his son is one of the most optimistic, nice, and happy people I've ever met and his father and mother are very proud and accepting of him. Anyways, my father's friend was a teacher during the September 11 attacks in 2001 and was teaching class when it happened. The story starts a day before this however, and it has puzzled his parents for many years.

So the story begins when my father's friend arrives home from work and meets his son, who is having a temper tantrum. he is about 7-8 at the time but acted like a 1-2 year old, due to the developmental issues. He is generally very kind and calm but today he was screaming and kicking and crying constantly. His father asks what's wrong and he can only make out a few words. "Towers" "Fall" "Airplane" "Bad men" "Tomorrow". His parents are intrigued and ask more. He is able to say: "Trade" "Towers" "Tall" "Fall" and repeats "Bad men" constantly all night. His parents are disturbed, as they kind of get his message, but go to sleep. The next day while teaching his students about the Proclamation of 1763 they hear a round rumble of a plane and look out the window. They see the plane crash into the tower and watch, horrified as it bursts into flames. I don't know exactly where the school was, but they can see the tower smoking and burning. He and his students are shocked and terrified, as a few of his pupils have parents working at the center. School ends for the day as the kids parents come running in for their children and he goes home, still shocked. His son looks at him when he comes in, saying "told you".

This has been one of several occurrences, his son once saving his mothers life when they almost got hit by a drunk driver. Randomly his son will look up and when his parents ask what he sees he says "angels". His father is one of the most trustworthy people I know, and I wonder about it every few days.
I think the truth, & I think Cathie would agree, is that people we deem "developmentally disabled" have other abilities or talents we don't understand.

The young man who won "America's Got Talent" last year is autistic, blind, mute, never had a music, piano or singing lesson & learned to communicate thru music.

Your friend of a friend's son sees angels & events that haven't happened yet. Are angels good ghosts? I don't know.

nicoleann2214

NY
Here are some short stories:
My dad had bought this older house that was built by a man named Fred. Weirdly there is an F carved into a lot of things made in the house. As I began staying there at night I would hear what sounded like a cord being dragged down the hallway. After that I always slept with my door locked and shut. I told my dad about it and that my mom had also heard it. He didn’t believe me of course and joked and said it was probably “Fred”. But then one day he told me that it could’ve been a coincidence but he came home one day (he lives alone) and he went into his basement and there was a shovel he had hanging up on the wall and it was way out in the middle of the floor. I thought it was soo weird and I still wonder about it.

Another story I have is that where I live a couple cities over there is this road called Gray road, and there are legends that there are ghosts out there and if you drive your car out there at night and park on tracks your “car will move” there are articles about it as well. Anyway, me and my grandma drove out there one night and we were looking in the woods and she swore she saw a guy in the woods standing there. I dont know if she was joking or what but she looked serious.

The last story I have is that I work in an old nursing home, and I have seen several shadows out of the corner of my eye. One thing I remember so clearly was, one night I was in a residents room and it was all dark (they were sleeping) and I felt someone walk by me and saw it in the corner of my eye. I thought it was one of the other nurses so I asked her and she said that she was no where near that room, and that a lot of nurses see things from that room. I was creeped out the whole night. A lot of the residents say they see little children running around, and there was two residents I remember who were flat out talking to “a little boy” and there was no one there. You never know. ?

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Here are some short stories:
My dad had bought this older house that was built by a man named Fred. Weirdly there is an F carved into a lot of things made in the house. As I began staying there at night I would hear what sounded like a cord being dragged down the hallway. After that I always slept with my door locked and shut. I told my dad about it and that my mom had also heard it. He didn’t believe me of course and joked and said it was probably “Fred”. But then one day he told me that it could’ve been a coincidence but he came home one day (he lives alone) and he went into his basement and there was a shovel he had hanging up on the wall and it was way out in the middle of the floor. I thought it was soo weird and I still wonder about it.

Another story I have is that where I live a couple cities over there is this road called Gray road, and there are legends that there are ghosts out there and if you drive your car out there at night and park on tracks your “car will move” there are articles about it as well. Anyway, me and my grandma drove out there one night and we were looking in the woods and she swore she saw a guy in the woods standing there. I dont know if she was joking or what but she looked serious.

The last story I have is that I work in an old nursing home, and I have seen several shadows out of the corner of my eye. One thing I remember so clearly was, one night I was in a residents room and it was all dark (they were sleeping) and I felt someone walk by me and saw it in the corner of my eye. I thought it was one of the other nurses so I asked her and she said that she was no where near that room, and that a lot of nurses see things from that room. I was creeped out the whole night. A lot of the residents say they see little children running around, and there was two residents I remember who were flat out talking to “a little boy” and there was no one there. You never know. ?
A nursing home, especially one that's been there for a very long time, would seem to be the perfect place for ghosts. Your story reminded me of an X-Files episode where some of the elderly saw the bad ghost kind.