Family "ghost" stories?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
About 20 or 25 years ago I traded houses with my daughter. I lived alone in a big 2500 sq. ft. house and she lived here in a 1200 sq. ft. house with a husband and two kids.

While they lived here in my now house, the oldest child always told them there was a spirit in her room. Naturally, they shined her on, marking it up to childish imagination.

I was talking to Ashley on the phone this a.m. and she asked me if I spent much time in the library (used to be her bedroom but is now my library). I told her that I'm not comfortable in there becauseof her belief that a spirit was in there. This a.m. I asked her what she had seen or heard all those years ago when it was her room and she said she saw a man. He never moved or caused a problem, he just was there. I've never seen him.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
This area including my house was originally a retirement community started by Jackie Gleason. A golf resort type community.
The residents were mostly old "Yankees".
I imagine at least one past resident chewed his or her last gristle in this house. But I've never experienced anything weird here.
Not anything I couldn't comprehend.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
About 20 or 25 years ago I traded houses with my daughter. I lived alone in a big 2500 sq. ft. house and she lived here in a 1200 sq. ft. house with a husband and two kids.

While they lived here in my now house, the oldest child always told them there was a spirit in her room. Naturally, they shined her on, marking it up to childish imagination.

I was talking to Ashley on the phone this a.m. and she asked me if I spent much time in the library (used to be her bedroom but is now my library). I told her that I'm not comfortable in there becauseof her belief that a spirit was in there. This a.m. I asked her what she had seen or heard all those years ago when it was her room and she said she saw a man. He never moved or caused a problem, he just was there. I've never seen him.
I certainly agree that supernatural occurrences take place...I just don't think there are ghosts in the usual sense of the term...a restless spirit of a dead person.
But seeing apparitions, objects moving, and strange sounds...yes, that can and does happen. Happily, they have never happened to me.

LoutheRussian

5 Year Member
Cornelius Or
I'm also a Christian. But I don't think that believing or not will determine if you experience unusual happenings.
I've also not concluded that any of this was actually ghost activity. I mean, how could you?

The same question could be asked about the existence of God.

I obviously cannot prove that my experiences were ghosts or spirits but after the night we used the ouija board is when everything happened. I cannot explain how my front door would open over and over even when it was shut and made sure to be latched. The door thing was witnessed multiple times by several people. The night I saw the silhouette on the wall of someone walking by even though there was no one outside is the one that freaked me out the most.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I certainly agree that supernatural occurrences take place...I just don't think there are ghosts in the usual sense of the term...a restless spirit of a dead person.
But seeing apparitions, objects moving, and strange sounds...yes, that can and does happen. Happily, they have never happened to me.
The cases witnessed by multiple people are the most believable for sure.
Thankfully, one of my episodes was witnessed by another person and it was the only one.
The second of four.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
My uncle. My mother's sisters husband had the most frightening experiences. A man kept appearing in their home. Only to him. Sometimes standing inches away from him. Only for a moment.
Uncle Dave is a little nutty. But it wouldn't be fair for me to discount his stories. When considering my own.

WithLisa

5 Year Member
Austria
Interesting thread!
Not really about ghosts, but I still can't explain this story:
I think it was about 15 years ago when I was on my way home from school and a friend called me on my cellphone. She had tried to contact me on scype and wanted to know why I was not answering. She knew quite well that I lived much farther away from school than she did, so it was impossible for me to be home yet, but she insisted that I had to be home since I was obviously online.

At that time our computer was in the attic (cold and uncomfortable, my mother probably put it there so my brother and I wouldn't spend too much time on computer games :rolleyes:). To get it to work one had to push in the plug, boot the computer, switch on the monitor and the modem, open the internet, type in the password and connect it manually. Scype was on autostart.

When I finally came home the house was empty as expected but the attic door was open even though we always kept it closed. I tiptoed up the stairs and saw the cat sitting on the desk staring at the monitor. When he noticed me he jumped up and ran away in panic as if I had caught him doing something he wasn't allowed.
The computer was indeed connected to the internet and several strange websites were opened which only showed mile-long Cyrillic texts.

Of course I asked him later on what this was all about but he only played dumb. Well, he was a cat, and no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer. :cool:

I also have small incidents in the house every now and then. Opening doors, disappearing things, strange noises,... but I never gave it much thought until that same friend told me she could feel the ghost of the previous owner. I think she was only joking but when I asked an old neighbour about the house they told me it was inhabited by a crazy lady who died in the kitchen. It remained unclear if it was an accident or suicide.
Anyway, I'm not scared of her, we crazy ladies have to stick together after all! :p

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Have you ever had a night terror? I had one once. I woke up and couldn't move at all. I thought someone or something was sitting on my chest. I was terrified, sweating, and couldn't make a sound. It lasted several minutes.
No. But I've heard of that.

Bambam1989

East Texas
Interesting thread!
Not really about ghosts, but I still can't explain this story:
I think it was about 15 years ago when I was on my way home from school and a friend called me on my cellphone. She had tried to contact me on scype and wanted to know why I was not answering. She knew quite well that I lived much farther away from school than she did, so it was impossible for me to be home yet, but she insisted that I had to be home since I was obviously online.

At that time our computer was in the attic (cold and uncomfortable, my mother probably put it there so my brother and I wouldn't spend too much time on computer games :rolleyes:). To get it to work one had to push in the plug, boot the computer, switch on the monitor and the modem, open the internet, type in the password and connect it manually. Scype was on autostart.

When I finally came home the house was empty as expected but the attic door was open even though we always kept it closed. I tiptoed up the stairs and saw the cat sitting on the desk staring at the monitor. When he noticed me he jumped up and ran away in panic as if I had caught him doing something he wasn't allowed.
The computer was indeed connected to the internet and several strange websites were opened which only showed mile-long Cyrillic texts.

Of course I asked him later on what this was all about but he only played dumb. Well, he was a cat, and no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer. :cool:

I also have small incidents in the house every now and then. Opening doors, disappearing things, strange noises,... but I never gave it much thought until that same friend told me she could feel the ghost of the previous owner. I think she was only joking but when I asked an old neighbour about the house they told me it was inhabited by a crazy lady who died in the kitchen. It remained unclear if it was an accident or suicide.
Anyway, I'm not scared of her, we crazy ladies have to stick together after all! :p
I caught that quote from "the last unicorn" awesome

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ask them? ;)
I knew a man who said he often heard voices in his head. Taking it lightly, like I usually do to everything, I told him to ask them what they wanted.(I was joking)
He exclaimed very excitedly, "I can't! Then they'll know I can hear them!"
His voices are just as real to him as our paranormal experiences are to us that have had them. Who's to say exactly where to draw the line....Interesting, possible and insane?
None of us are lying. What is real?