Family "ghost" stories?

nicoleann2214

Location (City and/or State)
NY
A nursing home, especially one that's been there for a very long time, would seem to be the perfect place for ghosts. Your story reminded me of an X-Files episode where some of the elderly saw the bad ghost kind.
Yes exactly LOL! Plus sooooo many people have passed away there in those rooms so it makes you wonder. I have heard stories as well that there will be lights on and call lights on for a room that no one is in. It’s weird.

nicoleann2214

NY
@Jan A You just reminded me of another one from my work. One time a co-worker was telling me that the fire alarm was going off for a room that no one was in, and when they went in there to check there was a burn in the sheet and the room smelled like faint smoke. I found that weird too:.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I think the truth, & I think Cathie would agree, is that people we deem "developmentally disabled" have other abilities or talents we don't understand.

The young man who won "America's Got Talent" last year is autistic, blind, mute, never had a music, piano or singing lesson & learned to communicate thru music.

Your friend of a friend's son sees angels & events that haven't happened yet. Are angels good ghosts? I don't know.
I do agree. Even though Joe drives me crazy at times (he says the same thing to me) some of the stuff that goes on around him is just hilarious ?. He cheers people up just by being Joe. And he's a self taught cartoonist.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Not a ghost story but I find it interesting. In 2019 October 19th I lost my Dad to Cancer . While in his final days I would go visit him . He would hold full conversations with his brothers and sisters that passed long before him . The last time I went to visit he told me his mother was going to come pick him up at 5 am . It kinda freaked me out a little. He passed away just before 5 am the next morning . I still wonder if my grandmother came and picked him up . Had anyone else had something like that happen to them while a family member was sick ?

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Not a ghost story but I find it interesting. In 2019 October 19th I lost my Dad to Cancer . While in his final days I would go visit him . He would hold full conversations with his brothers and sisters that passed long before him . The last time I went to visit he told me his mother was going to come pick him up at 5 am . It kinda freaked me out a little. He passed away just before 5 am the next morning . I still wonder if my grandmother came and picked him up . Had anyone else had something like that happen to them while a family member was sick ?
My mom thought she heard someone at the front door the night my dad died in a nursing home. She went to the front door & there he stood, wearing a suit, overcoat & a hat. She didn't open the door. I don't think she was at the nursing home when he died because she didn't drive a car.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My mom thought she heard someone at the front door the night my dad died in a nursing home. She went to the front door & there he stood, wearing a suit, overcoat & a hat. She didn't open the door. I don't think she was at the nursing home when he died because she didn't drive a car.
I have to tell this story again here. While my mother was sick and dying of cancer she managed to buy me a Christmas present. She was so happy about it she told my coworkers that she had found something really pretty for me. Well Christmas came and it was a necklace with a dove and egg charm. The thing is I don't wear jewelry because it bugs me and she knew that. But it was pretty and from my mom so I appreciated it. Later in August the following year she passed. At her funeral there was a bird in the tree above her casket that would not shut up. It sang so loud I couldn't hear the preacher. I feel it was a special farewell for now to me.?

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
My cousin had a type of muscle Cancer so they had to take her leg so it put her in a wheel chair . For like two months before she passed she stayed with my mom in my backyard . I put a small two bedroom mobile home in my backyard for my mother and father . It was new nobody ever lived in it before my parents . My cousin would sit out on the porch and watch my dogs and turtles run around the yard .She was on a few medicines but nothing that would make her see stuff. She told me a small boy and a woman would walk around the backyard every evening. She described the same little boy and woman I've seen in my house . Without me saying anything about it to her. Right before she passed she would also talk to family members that were long gone . Just seems strange how she would know about the woman and little boy .

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
@Jan A You just reminded me of another one from my work. One time a co-worker was telling me that the fire alarm was going off for a room that no one was in, and when they went in there to check there was a burn in the sheet and the room smelled like faint smoke. I found that weird too:.
Physical evidence that at least something actually happened

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
This story came in while I was out recovering from that stupid surgery. So I missed it.
My mom lives in a nursing home. Once, when she was extremely sick, she began "seeing dead people". Mostly family members.
I chalked it up to her dementia. But maybe she could sense others because she very nearly died?
I don't know.
I'm sorry about your dads passing.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I'm very happy that this thread is continuing. And with new spooky and mysterious family stories.
Especially since it continued while I was absent!
Thank you all who have shared or stopped in to read stories so far!

Jan A

Boulder, CO
I'm very happy that this thread is continuing. And with new spooky and mysterious family stories.
Especially since it continued while I was absent!
Thank you all who have shared or stopped in to read stories so far!
I'm a little surprised we don't get more family ghost stories from our members across the pond.

TheLastGreen

Johannesburg
Well here is a ghost story from SA. My great grandfather who is still going strong, was high up in the police force about a tier below general.
He was stationed to look after a police station, alone at night.
He says he renembers standing behind the counter, when the door slowly opened, with no one behind it, it was glass panels, so you could see who came by. He heard chains being dragged accross the floor, and fell to his feet. Waiting. Back then, police stations had bedrooms for those stationed there. When everything was silent, he stood up and looked around.
When he reached the room, he saw a clear indentation on the bed, the shape was like that of a person sleeping on its back, legs and arms kept by its body, not moving. Even with all this going on he still stayed, until the next shift!

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Well here is a ghost story from SA. My great grandfather who is still going strong, was high up in the police force about a tier below general.
He was stationed to look after a police station, alone at night.
He says he renembers standing behind the counter, when the door slowly opened, with no one behind it, it was glass panels, so you could see who came by. He heard chains being dragged accross the floor, and fell to his feet. Waiting. Back then, police stations had bedrooms for those stationed there. When everything was silent, he stood up and looked around.
When he reached the room, he saw a clear indentation on the bed, the shape was like that of a person sleeping on its back, legs and arms kept by its body, not moving. Even with all this going on he still stayed, until the next shift!
Wow...that's up there...whose ghost???

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I wondered that too.
I also think some folks are embarrassed to mention this stuff.
Even though its still pretty anonymous.
That's probably only true because they know it happens and afraid people will think they are crazy.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I've never said I WASN'T crazy.
But my stories are as accurate as I can truthfully recall.
I know what you mean. Only truely crazy people swear they haven't been driven crazy by life. ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
This is one I completely forgot about. One night when I was a teenager I couldn't sleep so I was up most of the night reading a novel. Around 3am I thought I heard my father walk in and say Hey Margie. That is my mom's name. My dad was not there though. He was staying around 50 miles away for work and wouldn't be home for a day or so. Well that kind of kept me awake a little longer. A little bit later an electric heater that was plugged in started shooting sparks from the cord across the carpet. I was terrified but managed to unplug it. I can't imagine the outcome if circumstances had been different. ? To the good Lord.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
This is one I completely forgot about. One night when I was a teenager I couldn't sleep so I was up most of the night reading a novel. Around 3am I thought I heard my father walk in and say Hey Margie. That is my mom's name. My dad was not there though. He was staying around 50 miles away for work and wouldn't be home for a day or so. Well that kind of kept me awake a little longer. A little bit later an electric heater that was plugged in started shooting sparks from the cord across the carpet. I was terrified but managed to unplug it. I can't imagine the outcome if circumstances had been different. ? To the good Lord.
Lucky.
Whatever kept you awake. It probably saved you some serious issues