Family "ghost" stories?

Destben

Location (City and/or State)
Kansas
I'll keep poking this thread every now and then.
I'm thinking that there must still be a few members with a story they'd really like to share.
Remember when I posted about the ghost woman I use to dream about that I actually found? I recently started dreaming about another ghost. In the dream I am in another house besides mine. In the dream the house is very familiar but I have never been there. My room is downstairs but in the dream I originally had a room upstairs. I stopped using it due to the creepy activity. Since this is another reoccurring dream I'm always looking for ways to get it to leave but it won't. In my dream last night it was revealed that she is a little girl. She likes to arrange a blanket into a circle on beds and place a doll or teddy bear into it to ”nap.”
Since this is a new dream I am hesitant to think it's real, but in my prior experience I didn't make contact for 10 years so who knows....

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Remember when I posted about the ghost woman I use to dream about that I actually found? I recently started dreaming about another ghost. In the dream I am in another house besides mine. In the dream the house is very familiar but I have never been there. My room is downstairs but in the dream I originally had a room upstairs. I stopped using it due to the creepy activity. Since this is another reoccurring dream I'm always looking for ways to get it to leave but it won't. In my dream last night it was revealed that she is a little girl. She likes to arrange a blanket into a circle on beds and place a doll or teddy bear into it to ”nap.”
Since this is a new dream I am hesitant to think it's real, but in my prior experience I didn't make contact for 10 years so who knows....
That is interesting.
I don't know how common reoccurring dreams are.
I have one. But it doesn't include ghosts.
I'm always far from home. Broke and either walking or riding some sort of homemade go cart or motorcycle. Usually looking for Interstate 95.
Strange

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
I'm not aware of any family ghost stories, per se. Thank goodness. There's the planner/analyst part of me, and the creative writer part of me, and I doubt ANY of me would get any sleep at all if there were anything that weird going on. I've never had the flying-and-falling dreams...just way too many of the being chased dreams. In dreams, I've been chased by everything from serial killers, to vampires and zombies, to Cardassians (in one of the cargo holds aboard Deep Space Nine, if I remember correctly). Some, but not all, of that might be attributed to stalker-like activity directed at me at the time. Some of those dreams have been recurring, for a while.

I'm any case, the recurring dreams I find most interesting happened to a different family member. My maternal grandfather was an alcoholic, and he died when I was a toddler. My grandmother had long since remarried, and he and my mother had been estranged, not having spoken for years. So it was odd when she, pregnant with my younger sibling, started having recurring dreams about trying to travel to get to her father. The road there would have water across it, and the car she was in would sort of be floating across it, and the water would be higher each time she had the dream, and it never completed, so she never reached him in the dream. She even asked her mother to inquire about her father's health, and her mother asked his sister...who said everything was fine. Well, it turned out that my mother's aunt was lying because she didn't want my mother and grandfather to reconcile (and be out whatever limited inheritance he could have left, I guess). Eventually in her dream, my mother made it over the flooded road to the place (a building) where her father was supposed to be, but someone there dressed in white medical robes told her it was too late...and that was the night he died.

So I'm not one to discount recurring dreams, for whatever reason. Especially if those dreams are being dreamt by a pregnant woman!

newCH

5 Year Member
So.FL
My Grandmother used to tell me that my GGrandfather had a childhood friend that drowned in a river, but that after he
drowned my GGrandfather would see his friend playing next to the river.

We had experienced some activity in our house & for awhile I would write it down in case the info was needed at a later date.
But with 3 adults and 2 kids in the house, who were occasionally having incidents, I became tired of the idea of not knowing the origin.
So, I told myself that something needed to happen that was blatantly obvious, for me to believe - so to speak.

After that something did happen, in the middle of the night, when everyone else was in their bedrooms.
Ironically, my uncle had died about 1 week before. I am a believer. Those ghost TV shows are entertaining garbage.
(banging on the walls, etc )
When you are in your own surroundings & have what you believe is control of your environment, things are different.

I have never had any incidents with dreams. I think people who don't believe just haven't experienced or haven't noticed.

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
Not a ghost story per say but a few years ago I had seen in my window this long Nail it was long about 12 inches in length, and the hand was like it has been burned. I stood there for a few seconds and I opened the window and seen a shadow that was very tiny that ran but like weird. It was very Weird

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Not a ghost story per say but a few years ago I had seen in my window this long Nail it was long about 12 inches in length, and the hand was like it has been burned. I stood there for a few seconds and I opened the window and seen a shadow that was very tiny that ran but like weird. It was very Weird
I'd say that qualifies

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
That sounds like a scary Freddy encounter or something! Not cool!

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
I
That sounds like a scary Freddy encounter or something! Not cool!
Wow I’ve never thought about it! The way the hand was was almost exactly the same, the nails where definitely keratin (made the same as ours) the wayy that thing was moving like if he was rocking its self. Super scary

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
I told my nana about the ghost in her house and she just said he's fine. Doesnt bother anyone. ?
I do not believe in ghost, but because I haven’t encountered one. I’ll tell you about the ufo,
I’ve seen it in my Aunts house about 200 Meters up. There where about 4-5 lights, just standing there. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t a signal pole. Due to my cousin trying run towards it. It Zoomed out, so fast, faster than I’ve seen something move.