Falling in love with a Forum Member?

Is it possible to fall in love with a forum member?

• Yes

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Ethan D said:
lol, i don't think kids are all that bad ;) just annoying sometimes XD

Depends on the child, some are walking reasons to support strict birth control measures. :p I honestly have to say, I think I would really like my children, even if they were just folks I had met in here or on the street. Of course everybody in here, is somebody's child. :D

Since Neal started it, I think he's a better "prize" then Tyler. ;) :D He's one of the sweet ones in here, in my opinion.

Back to trying to be serious about the topic, tho like I said there are some guys in here whose inner self comes out as being wonderful folks, if I were single, I don't think I would chance it. Somethings in life are just better left to the imagination, rather then going for them and loosing what you have at the moment, if you know what I mean. Still I think it could be amazing to share your life with someone who is also so strongly into the same thing you are.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Ethan D said:
wellington said:
You can't be that terrible of a kid. You seem very nice on this forum and you love animals. Can't be to terrible if your an animal lover:D

lol, just the thoughts i have sometimes man, like one time i totally wished that all the kardashians if i spelled that right just lost all their money, went insane, and went to an asylum for the rest of their lives WITH a new reality show called kardashians in life in the asylum LMAO i don't know why, but it was a weird random 3 second thought :/

LOL I am not a kid, but I could easily enjoy that thought. It might actually do them some good:D

Ethan D

5 Year Member
Nebraska
wellington said:
Ethan D said:
wellington said:
You can't be that terrible of a kid. You seem very nice on this forum and you love animals. Can't be to terrible if your an animal lover:D

lol, just the thoughts i have sometimes man, like one time i totally wished that all the kardashians if i spelled that right just lost all their money, went insane, and went to an asylum for the rest of their lives WITH a new reality show called kardashians in life in the asylum LMAO i don't know why, but it was a weird random 3 second thought :/

LOL I am not a kid, but I could easily enjoy that thought. It might actually do them some good:D

now that i remembered that thought, i KNOW there will be weird dreams tonight :/

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Jacqui said:
I think it could be amazing to share your life with someone who is also so strongly into the same thing you are.

:tort: That is what i tried to say, kinda! lol!

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
I think you could. For most of us tortoises are big parts of our lives. It sure couldnt hurt to have a significant other who has the same passion as you.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Jacqui said:
Ethan D said:

Depends on the child, some are walking reasons to support strict birth control measures. :p I honestly have to say, I think I would really like my children, even if they were just folks I had met in here or on the street. Of course everybody in here, is somebody's child. :D

Since Neal started it, I think he's a better "prize" then Tyler. ;) :D He's one of the sweet ones in here, in my opinion.

Back to trying to be serious about the topic, tho like I said there are some guys in here whose inner self comes out as being wonderful folks, if I were single, I don't
think I would chance it. Somethings in life are just better left to the imagination,
rather then going for them and loosing what you have at the moment, if you know
what I mean. Still I think it could be amazing to share your life with someone who
is also so strongly into the same thing you are.

I agree kinda. If I weren't married, I think I would try to go for it if there was someone on here I felt connected to. It would be amazing to have a partner so involved in the same passion. However, like you said, would you want to risk finding out they aren't what you thought they were. Then again, life is short. Better
to take a risk at love and lose then to never know what it could have been.

Ethan D

5 Year Member
Nebraska
wellington said:
Jacqui said:
Ethan D said:

Back to trying to be serious about the topic, tho like I said there are some guys in here whose inner self comes out as being wonderful folks, if I were single, I don't
think I would chance it. Somethings in life are just better left to the imagination,
rather then going for them and loosing what you have at the moment, if you know
what I mean. Still I think it could be amazing to share your life with someone who
is also so strongly into the same thing you are.

I agree kinda. If I weren't married, I think I would try to go for it if there was someone on here I felt connected to. It would be amazing to have a partner so involved in the same passion. However, like you said, would you want to risk finding out they aren't what you thought they were. Then again, life is short. Better
to take a risk at love and lose then to never know what it could have been.

Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true.

Tyrtle

5 Year Member
Arvada, Colorado
Sure. It's possible.

I think it's as good of a chance as any other way to meet and probably has about the same chance of lasting.

Mind you, this comes from someone who has a long history of meeting people online.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
@chin hair. That is hilarious. I am sure she is thankful that you shared that piece of info with us.

LMAOfffff...when I read it I almost hit the ground ....not only was it funny but I was like "oooooo" no he did not???? Oooo, he is going to be in truuuuuuuuble...:D

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
ascott said:
@chin hair. That is hilarious. I am sure she is thankful that you shared that piece of info with us.

LMAOfffff...when I read it I almost hit the ground ....not only was it funny but I was like "oooooo" no he did not???? Oooo, he is going to be in truuuuuuuuble...:D

HAHAHAHA very true story, she said hey look at this and I said let me handle that for you. I told her I could probably get that without tweezers and yes I did. She never really is very active on the forum so it will be our little secret. WELL HOW MANY MEMBERS DO WE HAVE?:D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Wait people online lie? Well at my next meeting of millionaire international men of mystery meeting I will have to let all the other international men know about this.

BowandWalter

5 Year Member
It sort of makes sense, for example: I live in a town of red necks, the few who don't find my lizards and fish "weird" seem to think that they are food... It makes it really hard to meet people, plus even if there is another person like me in town, they probably are just as much of a shut in. Meeting people on forums with a similar passion is reasonable. Can you fall in love with someone because they have a cute tortoise? Yes totally, but it probably wouldn't work out because you don't know them at all.
This could lead to a "singles" section in Tortoise Forum, but then it wouldn't be a tortoise forum so much as an everything forum.

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Gran Pulse
dmmj said:
Wait people online lie? Well at my next meeting of millionaire international men of mystery meeting I will have to let all the other international men know about this.

I thought you were refraining from commenting? ;)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
dmmj said:

LMAO :D cause I belong to the womans division of that same club, who'd a thunk it:p:D

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
I can't see any reason why it couldn't happen...after all, it's good to have things you can share w/ your potential life partner!

OTOH, it's advisable that the two discuss serious matters like these before walking down the aisle...

How many tortoises are too many?

Is there room in this potential family for a sulcata (Aldabra or Galapagos)?

Whose tortoise gets the all-important job as ring-bearer?

You know...common sense questions to work out answers to... :cool:

(In the spirit of full disclosure, I should point to the Lovely Ladies of TFO that I'm already taken, and while it's a "mixed marriage" (I'm into tortoises, natch, while she's into guinea pigs and bunnies), we've made it work for 16 years... :))

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Terry Allan Hall said:
I can't see any reason why it couldn't happen...after all, it's good to have things you can share w/ your potential life partner!

OTOH, it's advisable that the two discuss serious matters like these before walking down the aisle...

How many tortoises are too many?

Is there room in this potential family for a sulcata (Aldabra or Galapagos)?

Whose tortoise gets the all-important job as ring-bearer?

You know...common sense questions to work out answers to... :cool:

(In the spirit of full disclosure, I should point to the Lovely Ladies of TFO that I'm already taken, and while it's a "mixed marriage" (I'm into tortoises, natch, while she's into guinea pigs and bunnies), we've made it work for 16 years... :))

Lol, as long as both of you have some kind of obsession!

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I would say it is possible to start a relationship. The falling in love could happen after meeting in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.