Facebook.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I don't think you're on the Forum's FB site. It's run by the same guy there as here - Josh. I just recently joined the FB group, so I'm not that familiar yet with what's going on over there. But keep trying. We'll get it changed around to the good, new info eventually.

Tropics

San Diego, CA
Ah, I was talking about a big tortoise group I joined in the begging. I saw the FB page for this site but I don’t think I saw the group.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yeah, a lot of those FB people are not good at accepting advice. They seem to feel they know best.

Reptilian Feline

Sweden
I joined one FB group dedicated to leopard torts while I still tried to make mine survive. It was a reasonable good and nice group... I think I saw a couple of people fromhere there as well and advice was always appreciated and accepted and links to this place seemed to be OK. Since the leopard torts didn't make it, I closed down the feed from the group, because it was too much heartbreak to watch all those lovely torts.

Now that I have a pair of redfoots, I joined a group dedicated to redfoots etc. and that group seems OK too.
I'm also a member of an African sideneck group where I at first didn't feel welcome because they didn't seem to recognice Pelomedusas as a specie for that group. Now I don't care... Medusa is from an unusual specie, but most advice is OK for all the African sidenecks, so I feel more at home there now.

FB groups can be hard, but lots of people will go there first for advice these days. Since FB is harder to read than a forum (old posts get hidden, no way to sticky good advice) it's important to stay on top of things and direct people to places like this.

So... I have now signed up for the FB group for this forum as well. Looking forward to be accepted into it for some nice "instagram-type" picture sharing.