Facebook Members? Join our TFO group!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Belchertown Ma
Not to appear stupid, but if I joined facebook because my brother made me,am I joined to see you guys also? I did join to see the very large tort someone had here, but I had to be accepted by him.
Na

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Nay said:
Not to appear stupid, but if I joined facebook because my brother made me,am I joined to see you guys also? I did join to see the very large tort someone had here, but I had to be accepted by him.
Na

You're deffinitely NOT stupid, Na! I am not computer literate and I can't see the object of being a member of facebook and all the rest of them. Don't we get the same thing here on the forum? Or is it in "real" time, so it would be like chatting? I don't know.

Yvonne

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Yvonne, I joined Facebook because my brother's a chef and he posted many shots of dishes and some of his kids and this way , because he's ssoooo busy and can't send any to me, I could go look and see them.
Then someone here had some giant tort and we could go see em if we joined. (Little Bubba?) SO now are we able to go look at everyone else's pics, or do we have to go and look up them seperately or what?
Is there a seperate group for us here somewhere on facebook?
Thanks Na

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I just have a real hard time navigating around the site. This a.m. I received an email message from the Facebook team that Josh had responded to something I had said on Facebook. So I clicked the link that was supplied with the email, and it took me to Laura's wall. I never could find the place where Josh made a comment. Its just too much trouble for this old mind to have to learn how to do it.

Yvonne

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
emysemys said:
I just have a real hard time navigating around the site. This a.m. I received an email message from the Facebook team that Josh had responded to something I had said on Facebook. So I clicked the link that was supplied with the email, and it took me to Laura's wall. I never could find the place where Josh made a comment. Its just too much trouble for this old mind to have to learn how to do it.

Yvonne

I have the same problem with it. Plus, I don't necessarily want/need to know what is on some of the walls or want everyone I'm "friends" with to know what's on mine. I've tried different settings but still get some info I would rather not. sigh. I like this forum!:)

muddled

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
Joined! I signed up to facebook I think two days ago, and I remembered Cory told me about this group. :) Nice to see more tortoise people! I'm so lost too. I'm mainly using it for the games lol.

Rhyno47

5 Year Member
Hagerstown, MD
If anyone would like to add me, so I can put a face to your names it would help to know everyone.

alfiethetortoise

10 Year Member!
England
Can't believe i overlook this thread, i am totally addicted to facebook, consider myself joined!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
My kids are constantly on Facebook, but I have never been able to keep up with all of our numerous nieces, nephews, cousins, and friends that are Facebook "friends". I do enjoy getting on to view photo albums of folks I haven't seen in many years; I love to vicariously attend graduations, weddings, and parties that I can't be present at in person! I just don't have the time. The only reason I justify time spent on TFO is that I am learning so much while I'm here. ;)

It's funny that the Tortoise Forum has inadvertently become my social networking site of choice. Yes, I realize that in my kids' eyes this is not considered an admirable preference. They just don't understand...:p

Status
Not open for further replies.