Eye problem?

Cleopatra 2020

Location (City and/or State)
El Mirage. Az
I am posting a picture on here of someone else's tortoise from a group on Facebook that I belong to nobody seems to have an answer for them so I am posting their picture here to get an opinion or answer I keep explaining to these people they need to join the Forum because you guys have the correct and experienced answers I have even posted Tom's hatchling care sheets and other pictures and information because they all just seem to raise them incorrectly from drying closures to spiral bulbs I see this constantly on there and and I'm sharing information with them daily hopefully they will join the Forum I brag about you guys constantly on their I love this group you guys are the best!!!
??❤Screenshot_20210219-140817_Samsung Internet.jpg

zovick

10 Year Member!
I am posting a picture on here of someone else's tortoise from a group on Facebook that I belong to nobody seems to have an answer for them so I am posting their picture here to get an opinion or answer I keep explaining to these people they need to join the Forum because you guys have the correct and experienced answers I have even posted Tom's hatchling care sheets and other pictures and information because they all just seem to raise them incorrectly from drying closures to spiral bulbs I see this constantly on there and and I'm sharing information with them daily hopefully they will join the Forum I brag about you guys constantly on their I love this group you guys are the best!!!
??❤View attachment 318768
The eye is irritated and the nictitating membrane (third eyelid) is inflamed. This should be treated with Neo-Poly-Dex Veterinary eye drops which are available by prescription from a vet.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
I have a box turtle with the same problem. Years ago Ginger was sent to me by a rescue in the Minnesota area, her nictitating membrane was swollen completely over her eye. That rescue said she was afraid of other turtles and people and that's what would happen. She lives mostly alone, and her eye is normal, add a turtle and that membrane comes out.
Big Sam's eye is not as bad as yours, it comes and goes
100_4330.JPG