Eye injury- advice needed

AJK Aquaria

Hey all

I have some young Easterns. Looks like one of the turtles got bit in the eye during a feeding in a Rubbermaid tub. The eye is swollen, showing some slight reddening, but the animal is still able to see through it.

Any suggestions on a treatment for faster healing? I've never dealt with an eye issue such as this.

What I have on hand-
Gentak (ophthalmic ointment UPS, 0.3%)
Neosporin
Zoo Med Turtle Eye drops

I'll attempt for a photo, but it's a very slight swelling...

Thanks in advance everyone

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
Hey all

I have some young Easterns. Looks like one of the turtles got bit in the eye during a feeding in a Rubbermaid tub. The eye is swollen, showing some slight reddening, but the animal is still able to see through it.

Any suggestions on a treatment for faster healing? I've never dealt with an eye issue such as this.

What I have on hand-
Gentak (ophthalmic ointment UPS, 0.3%)
Neosporin
Zoo Med Turtle Eye drops

I'll attempt for a photo, but it's a very slight swelling...

Thanks in advance everyone

Sorry to hear of this Adam! If you have a feed store around you like Tractor Supply, I would stop and pick up some Terramycin...it works great! You can order online from places like lllreptile or Arizona tortoise compound has it. It's around $15. I've used clear eyes to help keep the eye moist and less irritated. Good Luck! ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1494203814.739996.jpg