Experiment to help non-members ask questions

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
Hey Everyone,
One problem we've always had is that new visitors to TFO enjoy reading our posts, but wish there was an easier way to ask questions.

So I've decided to partner with our search and newsletter service provider, Threadloom, to test a new tool that makes it easier for non-members to post questions.

Over the next few weeks, Threadloom will post questions on behalf of some of these non-members to Tortoise Forum. BUT, before posting anything, they will filter out spam, and use our search function to find existing threads on the topic that answer the question. This will all happen in the background. They will only post questions if the answer isn't already posted somewhere on TFO.

We'll try this out for a few weeks, and see if it helps non-members while keeping spam to a minimum. If you have any questions about the experiment post them here or DM me and I'll be happy to answer!

Thanks for your continued love and support!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I've been working towards getting a lot of the frequently asked questions combined in our FAQ section so if one wants to answer such a question one only has to copy/paste the link instead of typing out a long answer. So far I haven't seen anyone doing this.

I'm interested to see if Threadloom works for us.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Just curious - if non-members are allowed to ask questions and receive answers, what would be the incentive for them to join?

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Good question Yvonne.
When the person receives their answer, they also will see a link to the thread with their answer, so the whole experience is like a preview of the best of Tortoise Forum before making a commitment. A test drive, if you will.

Boe

Henderson nv
There are many places for research. I was under the assumption your heart and passion is to educate for tortoises wellbeing because you care as I do. Gratitude is worth far more than money. Not quiet the reply or detail answer I was looking for anyways. I already got the advise from a vet hospital and owner that gave me Boi. I like to strike conversation and get opinions and research. Sometimes looking at 50 or more post to compare before making a decision that might effect the well-being of this little tortoise!! !! Maybe don’t reply if it makes you angry. It’s for the tortoise health that they ask these questions from someone claiming to be an expert. We don’t criticize the experience You have or education and only that you want to help tortoises. If we’ve visited it’s because of heart not hate.