Exo Terra Monsoon RD400 Rainfall System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Mesa, AZ
Any reviews on the Exo Terra Monsoon RD400 Rainfall System? I've seen mixed reviews on sites such as Amazon and EBay. Good for tortoises specifically? Thinking about making the purchase. Thanks for the help! :)

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Mesa, AZ
I'll review this myself since nobody else did so I went ahead and bought it! Haha

Anyways it was easier to setup than I thought and it works wonderfully!!! I have it set to spray for 20 seconds every 2 hours. That seems to be keeping my humidity levels perfect all day! Now I don't have to worry about spraying which takes me literally hours every day!! Such a time saver and I don't have to sacrifice results. Great product!!

kurmaraja12

5 Year Member
Belleville, IL
I have this and within a couple months EVERY inch of the tubes had cracks in them and was leaking like crazy and i had to replace all of the tubes. One of the sprayers stopped spraying as well. No water will come out. I was disappointed because it was expensive. Now i use it by hand, going over my tort's enclosure with the one working sprayer and coating everything. I know they sell extra components but i'm not sure i want to spend more on this. Sorry for the slow reply.

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Mesa, AZ
kurmaraja12 said:
I have this and within a couple months EVERY inch of the tubes had cracks in them and was leaking like crazy and i had to replace all of the tubes. One of the sprayers stopped spraying as well. No water will come out. I was disappointed because it was expensive. Now i use it by hand, going over my tort's enclosure with the one working sprayer and coating everything. I know they sell extra components but i'm not sure i want to spend more on this. Sorry for the slow reply.

No problem! Did you have this outside or inside? I'm trying to figure out why they would have cracked if they were indoors? I just got this so no problems yet but we'll see what happens!

kurmaraja12

5 Year Member
Belleville, IL
It was indoors the whole time, I'm not sure how it happened either. And when it wasn't in use the tubes were set inside the reservoir. Goodluck!

Pameladale

5 Year Member
Mine works great but the first one I had stopped working because I wasnt using distilled water so make sure you do!! Been working great for about 6 months now for my box turtles.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Yeah probably tap water killed the spray pump. I would use distiller water much easier in the whole system

Status
Not open for further replies.