excited

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

moe

omg..im so excited,
oh ps im new!! lol
anyway i am on my way to pick up my new female suprthighs to go with my male!!
they are cb but fully grown and ready to breed!
they are different sub species tough, but i dont care about that!:p
i hope i get eggs soon, at least if not this year deffinately next.
i hope they enjoy their new home, and my male will enjoy the company:D, he will be well chuffed in a few hours to be part of a group of tortoises..
waaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyhhhhhhaaaaayyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

S

stells

Still as nutty as a fruitcake then moe
firstly irresponsible springs to mind, why knowingly breed to produce hybrids, secondly what about quaranteen

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Moe and welcome to the forum. If you read all the posts here you will see that it is best to provide your tortoises with a quarantine period. No matter if your new tortoise is captive bred or wild caught, its best to keep them apart until you are sure they are healthy. You don't want to take the chance of making your boy sick do you? Also, if you are interested in breeding them, why not get the correct sub-species and make "pure-bred" babies?

Someone asked a breeding question on the forum a while back. They were having trouble getting any eggs from their female Russian. One of the suggestions was that maybe the male and female were not the same sub-species.

Yvonne

S

stells

You know what for the life of me i couldn't think how to spell quarantine this morning lol, it was one of those blank moments :D

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
jasso2 said:
alittle harsh on moe? -1 rep.

Without 'knowing' either party, it would seem to this girl that if Moe wanted to 'start fresh', she would not have given another member here a negative score, since this site has nothing to do with whatever issues she may've had... ?

Just an observation ~
In addition, as Yvonne noted, breeding such would not seem wise to me, nor would putting them together right away either... just my humble opinion ~
Purpod

M

moe

stells said:
Still as nutty as a fruitcake then moe
firstly irresponsible springs to mind, why knowingly breed to produce hybrids, secondly what about quaranteen

my first replyer would have to be u.....
wat a horrid post. how dare u say that about me!
nutty as a fruit cake? , sorry how dare u stells! you were one of the most rude people on sw.. i dont think im the nutty person on here... and please dont tempt me to get started why...

and about me being irrisponsible??? why, because i see that i will be breeding cb animals??? just because i have my own brian and dont go totally with the crowd i am irrisponsible..... that is such a redicelous statement.
who decides what sub species is wat...to be honest i dont care.
i know tortoise keepers who have for the last 50 years who bred animals , at the time some sub species werent being talked about.
i have a different opinion to you....
deal with it, dont try and put me down, cause to be honest love it wont work......

M

moe

Hi Moe and welcome to the forum. If you read all the posts here you will see that it is best to provide your tortoises with a quarantine period. No matter if your new tortoise is captive bred or wild caught, its best to keep them apart until you are sure they are healthy. You don't want to take the chance of making your boy sick do you? Also, if you are interested in breeding them, why not get the correct sub-species and make "pure-bred" babies?

Someone asked a breeding question on the forum a while back. They were having trouble getting any eggs from their female Russian. One of the suggestions was that maybe the male and female were not the same sub-species.

Yvonne
hi thanks for that!:p:)......
i have spoken to the breeder and he agreed, because of the circumstancs, that his cb's havent had any contact there was no need to quarinteen.
and i cant get the exact match for my male, so i got a close match..
not that a big deal...<g>

S

stells

as said in my PM if you can't find a match don't breed, keep the genes pure instead of producing hybrid there is no need.
Plenty on here know me from SW and can vouch for me not being rude.
Truth hurts doesn't it moe ;)

M

moe

purpod said:
jasso2 said:
alittle harsh on moe? -1 rep.

Without 'knowing' either party, it would seem to this girl that if Moe wanted to 'start fresh', she would not have given another member here a negative score, since this site has nothing to do with whatever issues she may've had... ?

Just an observation ~
In addition, as Yvonne noted, breeding such would not seem wise to me, nor would putting them together right away either... just my humble opinion ~
Purpod

well i dont care about ur observation, hich has notthing to do with my topic..

any way thanks for ur comment, but i think its a really good idea.
as there is no chance for egg binding, due to the male being smaller....

M

moe

stells said:
as said in my PM if you can't find a match don't breed, keep the genes pure instead of producing hybrid there is no need.
Plenty on here know me from SW and can vouch for me not being rude.
Truth hurts doesn't it moe ;)

well u are being rude right now!
i will not listen to u. why shouldnt i breed.. ur views get really old to be honest.. keep the genes pure.. what a load of rubbish..
what is the belief in that?
u do realise that people breeding ibera hardly ever have the same locality.. which will no doubt soon be considered a different sub species..... there u have it a load of hybreeds........

S

stells

I think its your views that are old if you are going on about what happened 50 years ago.
Moe you jusy answered yourself really when talking about Ibera......thats why you should breed well matched pairs...
Anyway i have better things to do than reply to you....talk to yourself this is my last post. :)

M

moe

stells said:
I think its your views that are old if you are going on about what happened 50 years ago.
Moe you jusy answered yourself really when talking about Ibera......thats why you should breed well matched pairs...
Anyway i have better things to do than reply to you....talk to yourself this is my last post. :)

where have i answered my self with ibera??? wat cause i said ibera and not t.g.i?
wat r u on about..
i am not going on about wat happened 50 nyrs ago.
as i said , i know people keeping them for over 50 years.
when they got thir tortoises they got spurthigheds.
not t.g.a or t.g.g. or wat ever....
there are over 15 sub species.. it is impossible to find an exact pair, in my opinion sub species can breed, they are the same species, and dont get me stated about this rubbish that ibera is a new species.
i am glad as this is ur last post, ur not a mod on here stells. u cant force ur views on me here

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
moe said:
stells said:

where have i answered my self with ibera??? wat cause i said ibera and not t.g.i?
wat r u on about..
i am not going on about wat happened 50 nyrs ago.
as i said , i know people keeping them for over 50 years.
when they got thir tortoises they got spurthigheds.
not t.g.a or t.g.g. or wat ever....
there are over 15 sub species.. it is impossible to find an exact pair, in my opinion sub species can breed, they are the same species, and dont get me stated about this rubbish that ibera is a new species.
i am glad as this is ur last post, ur not a mod on here stells. u cant force ur views on me here

I am not a moderator on this website, but I am sure this kind of posting should be left to private messages. C'mon girls ...

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
purpod said:
I am not a moderator on this website, but I am sure this kind of posting should be left to private messages. C'mon girls ...

I AM a moderator on here and I have read this thread. Now simply stating in a language I am sure everyone will understand. ENOUGH !
If you need to make comments such as in this thread please do it privately through messages or email.

I understand you two have had differences on other sites (SW) but here we are going to be civil and Bullying, rude behavior, insulting comments by anyone will NOT be tolerated. If you must read or re-read the forum Guidelines then I suggest you do so, so you can follow them.

moe and stells I have sent you a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.