Ex-Manson follower Susan Atkins dies

Status
Not open for further replies.

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
Originally she had been given the death penalty, but that was commuted to life in prison after the California Supreme Court's People v. Anderson decision. I can’t believe she had the nerve to ask to be released. She showed no remorse for her butchered victims. What goes around comes around.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I don't know if this is true, but I heard on the radio that the state(taxpayers) spent over 3 milllion on her cancer treatments. I'm sorry but I find that insane.

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
dmmj said:
I don't know if this is true, but I heard on the radio that the state(taxpayers) spent over 3 milllion on her cancer treatments. I'm sorry but I find that insane.

I hadn’t heard that but it sounds pretty accurate. I’m surprised she lived as long as she did in prison without another inmate taking care of her business.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
I am all for providing basic medical care for our inmates, I believe it is the only just thing to do, but where do we draw the line, or is it just an open ATM for them to draw from forever? Also I heard it on the radio but I have not been able to verify it yet. I want to be able to be truly angry over that use of money so I want to make sure it is a legit number.

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
Inmates also have equal access to organ transplants. That is wrong in my book!

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
I don't believe in forced donations, lol but I am also angry that they can have access to organ donations, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.