EVERYONE loves DIAMONDS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
And even Diamond Doves! (And if you don't, then you should!)

KristinasPictures4103.jpg

I LOVE these little birds! They have the classic dove shape to their body, head, etc., but they are itty bitty - really no bigger than my Zebra Finches. They make this cute little "whoo, whee, whoo whoo" call, and sometimes the males bob their heads down and fan their tails out and make a deep, guttural noise, almost a growling sound.

Anyway, that is 5 out of my six all piled together. They live in a 24 cubic foot aviary, but felt the need to snuggle, and I just HAD to take a picture ;)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Kristina that picture belongs in a magazine. I can't believe that they are the size of a finch. Precious.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Maybe if it had turned out clearer :) They usually only sleep in pairs, so I was surprised to see them all mashed together and "awwww"ed and had to take a pic, lol.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
They are a bit tame, but not to the point of a Ringneck. Smaller birds are more flighty. I can have one of my Ringnecks sit on my finger no problem, these guys are a bit more nervous.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
What a great pic! Thanks for sharing :)
I had zebra finches when I was growing up :D I can't believe these doves are so tiny!

Status
Not open for further replies.